Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sooooo emotional...  (Read 2434 times)

Liz

Sooooo emotional...
« on: October 26, 2014, 06:13:40 PM »

Hi - been on the Oestrogel for just over a week now (having been on Estradot 50 for a month before that)...... I feel like an emotional teenager.  On the verge of tears, things easily upsetting me - this has literally just started happening the past week.  I'm on 2 pumps Oestrogel now (started with 1) and to be honest, the way I've felt the past few days, I'm wondering whether to stop it. 

I don't suffer from emotional problems normally, so obviously don't want to have to put up with this on HRT.  Think I'd rather have the sweating, etc, than be an emotional wreck.

Just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences/advice.  Thanks!

Joyce

Re: Sooooo emotional...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:40:03 PM »

If you're trying to match the estradot 50, I'm pretty sure you'll need 3 pumps, not 2. That's what I was told at meno clinic. I'd been on 2 pumps oestrogel, but needed more, but consultant gave me estradot 50, but had option of using 3 pumps of gel instead.

Liz

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 06:53:18 PM »

Thanks, do you think that's causing my emotional state?  I wasn't emotional before I started the HRT just over a month ago.....

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 07:06:32 PM »

Think so. When I had a break from using oestrogen, I was a wreck.

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 07:25:01 PM »

Hi Liz - HRT needs a while to settle down.

I was told at least 3 (may be 6) months when I started HRT before things felt right.

You hadn't been on Estradot 50 very long. It might be worth giving Oestrogel a bit longer to work.
We can't rush these things......   ::)

Cubagirl knows the type of situation you've been in. Also, it might be worth speaking to your GP

Hope you feel better soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 08:00:17 PM »

:hug:

Liz

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 08:59:06 PM »

Thank you, CLKD.  That's made me cry......... I'm wondering whether it would be an idea to split the dose of Oestrogel (1 pump am, 1 pump pm).  Does anyone think its worth a go??

donnacrichton

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 10:00:10 PM »

I've tried that didn't make any difference. Wishing I had just kept to one dose long term. I think it has prolonged settling. I had anxiety when starting and reduced slightly and has knocked system off again. Tears have lasted nearly a week. If I could try it again would leave it alone to give it a chance to settle. I am just so impatient x