Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How did HRT help you?  (Read 9471 times)

julie53

Re: How did HRT help you?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »

Hi
I am now in my 9th week of HRT (Prempak-C) which i was told was one of the lowest doses & i have a monthly bleed. I wasn't looking forward to going back to that as I hadn't had a period for 6 months! Well my hotflushes have reduced by about 70% & i do feel that i am sleeping a bit better & not getting up so much throughout the night. The only thing that I'm waiitng for is an improvement in my moods & irritability ! It seemed to get a bit better while taking just eostrogen but when i start the progesterone during the last week of the month i start to get a slight headache & PMT feelings & more irritable.  Don't know whether anyone else has experieinced this? I'm seeing my doctor when 3 months is up for a review of my symptoms so maybe i will try another brand or something? After reading alot on this site it does seem HRT is all trial & error until you find what suits your own particular body. Good luck anyway....it's definitely worth a try. I do feel 'slightly' better but still not completely back to my old self.  I would welcome anyone's advice or views on this.  :-\

peegeetip

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »

Hi Julie

from the sounds of what you say, perhaps its too low a dose of HRT.

If your going back to your doc then ask why they put you on prempak c?

The femoston that is mentioned in this post is said to be much kinder for the progesterone part.

Probably worth asking to swap onto the natural estradiol in femoston or elleste instead of whats in prempak.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:20:17 AM by peegeetip »

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 12:50:22 PM »

Hi julie53

Just to echo what peegeetip said, but as I said in my post below if you are experiencing pms symptoms during the second lot of tablets I would definitely ask to try Femoston sequi rather than Elleste Duet. Of course you will still expect to get some pms symptoms at some point usually after you change back to the oestrogen only tabs for a couple of days before the bleed - but that is as expected and as per our normal menstrual cycle!

Hurdity x

Morwenna

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 01:05:15 PM »

I was on Prempak C for three years and while they effectively tackled all thirty odd of the physical symptoms of menopause I was experiencing, it wasn't until I changed to Femoston 2/10 at the start of this year that I started to cheer the hell up! My GP allowed me to add Vagifem pessaries to the mix a few weeks ago and I'm now feeling closer to my 'old self' than I have for the past four years since this all started.  :)

julie53

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 10:50:02 AM »

Thank you all for your comments - some good advice. I will definitely ask to change to Femoston as my irritability & moods are the worst symptoms i have.  I'm actually comtemplating day to day whether to end my marriage as I just feel as though a light has been switched off inside of me. I can't get enthusiastic or happy about anything & keep crying at the slightest thing. I feel like an empty shell & keep going over decisions i've made in my life & wishing i could turn back time!! I'm so down but perhaps it's also depression who knows? Anyway will see the last month of these tablets out & then speak to my doctor.
Thanks all  :-*

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 08:18:45 PM »

So sorry to hear how you are feeling julie53. I am sure you will feel better on a different brand of HRT, but if you are peri-menopausal then part of what you are feeling may be down to your own hormones fluctuating still? With the right type HRT should mean you are better able to cope with difficulties in your life and perhpas see them in a different light. If you haven't been depressed before then unless something has happened in your life to make you feel this way it could well be the hormones. Tearfulness and low mood is very characteristic of the peri-menopausal years so don't despair!

Hurdity x  :)

Dandelion

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 10:27:37 PM »

Thank you all for your comments - some good advice. I will definitely ask to change to Femoston as my irritability & moods are the worst symptoms i have.  I'm actually comtemplating day to day whether to end my marriage as I just feel as though a light has been switched off inside of me. I can't get enthusiastic or happy about anything & keep crying at the slightest thing. I feel like an empty shell & keep going over decisions i've made in my life & wishing i could turn back time!! I'm so down but perhaps it's also depression who knows? Anyway will see the last month of these tablets out & then speak to my doctor.
Thanks all  :-*
I also get negative thoughts.
I am currently trying out a new hrt and waiting for it to kick in.
I decided to put these negative thoughts on the back burner and not act on anything to do with them, until I am more mentally stable.
Could you do the same thing, just put thoughts of ending your marriage off, until you are on the right hrt?
Don't make any decisions until then.
love from D

julie53

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 07:53:51 PM »

Thanks Hurdity & D
Yes I'm just trying to take each day as it comes now. My doctor & friends have said not to make any rash decisions while i'm feeling like this. I've just never felt so indecisive in my life & not knowing what on earth is best for me.  I will wait until i've tried Femoston or another brand & see how i feel then. Thanks so uch for your support
xx :-*
Pages: 1 [2]