Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evoril Conti  (Read 4283 times)

Lizziep

Evoril Conti
« on: October 11, 2014, 09:14:07 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I've been using Evoril Conti patches since the beginning of July.
I seem to get a bleed every couple of weeks. Not heavy but annoying.
This last about 5-6 days.
This week I started bleeding Wednesday and it's like a proper period, sore boobs etc.
So fed up with the almost constant bleeding.
After 3 months I thought it would have settled down with no more bleeding.
I don't know what to do for the best as my gut instinct is to come off the patches and be bleed free.

Lizziep

Limpy

Re: Evoril Conti
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »

Hi Lizziep - I know they say it takes 3 months to settle down but I don't think there are hard and fast rules as such, it may take longer. How do you feel apart from the bleeding?

jgr

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 10:05:14 AM »

I was told by the nurse at the menopause clinic that run this site that i may bleed for three month but it shouldn't be anymore than 6 months. I had a slight bleed in the first three months and then nothing. Hope this helps. x

Lizziep

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 10:05:59 AM »

Hi Limpy,

Thanks for answering.
To be honest I don't feel that great.
I've noticed the last couple of weeks I've been waking up with night sweats. Not like they were before the HRT but enough to wake me.
In myself I just feel bleugh  :( most of the time and I don't know why.
Maybe it's a vicious circle, I feel like that because of the bleeding.
Before I started the patches I didn't have a bleed for the best part of 2 years.

Lizziep

Lizziep

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 10:08:22 AM »

Hi jgr,

That's what I was expecting to be honest.
But now it seems to be carrying on.
It's just so annoying and I can't be spontaneous with my partner.
So all in all it's all a bit poo at the moment  :-\

Lizziep

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 12:17:03 PM »

It might be worth having  a chat with your GP and see what they advise.
I never liked it when I had a bleed, it can't help when you don't know when it's going to happen.
Good luck

Wanderer

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »

Hi Lizziep!

I have been on Evorel Conti for 2 months, and like you have had a period every two weeks, after the first month. But I found that when mine came it was very weak and pale, but made me feel well again, bizarre! I had cramps, and everything, after nearly five years! Lasted about 5 days, but was never really "red". Consultant said it was expected, but should stop after 3 - 6 months.

WANDERER XX

Lizziep

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 08:59:06 AM »

As usual, thank you for the reply's.

Stellajane, this is the second type of patch I've been on. I first tried Evoril Sequi but the bleeding was just as bad if not worse than now. I went to the doctor and asked if I could change to the Conti patches.

Wanderer, it's just like you describe it although this week it's been a bit heavier. It's really getting me down though as it's every other week now.

I've started to cut the patches in half to see if that helps as it seems as soon as I start to take progestogen, I start to bleed.

I'll give it another couple of months and see what happens.

Lizziep

fedup

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 05:20:07 AM »

Hi I am new here.

I was looking for information regarding the Evoril Conti
I have been on Femseven Conti now for 3 months and to be honest don't really feel any different.
Sleep is awful and my moods are low.

What is the difference between the Evoril and Femseven does one contain more of something than the other.

Limpy

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »

Hi Fedup - Welcome to MM.

There's lots of info in the green menu to the left. I've cheated and copied the info below from there.

In summary - they have different types of hormones. Also, Evorel is changed twice weekly, looks like Femseven is only changed once a week. From personal experience I can say Evorel stick really well.

EVOREL CONTI*   2 x Weekly   M   Transdermal estradiol 50mcg & transdermal norethisterone 170 mcg for 28 days   
£13.00

FEMSEVEN CONTI   Weekly   M   50mcg estradiol and 7mcg levonorgestrel per 24 hours   
£15.48

Hope this helps

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 06:33:44 PM »

Hi fedup

:welcomemm: from me too.

Sorry to hear you are still feeling low despite taking HRT.

Just to add to what Limpy said (I'm always copying info from the menu too!!), you will see that it is the progestogen that is different in the two patches so personally I would not change from Femseven to Evorel, if Femseven isn't doing it for you.

Perhaps you could tell us a little more about yourself ( maybe on the new members thread). and then we can help advise better eg how old you are, whereabouts in meno, periods etc.

Maybe you need a higher dose of oestrogen or maybe the progestgoen doesn;t agree with you?

Hurdity x