Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: evorel conti patches  (Read 4041 times)

daisie

evorel conti patches
« on: December 11, 2014, 08:12:28 AM »

finaly come out of the doctors with evorel conti patches has any of you ladies been on them and have they worked for you ..I asked the doctor what my homone levels were which I had done in October my estrogen was 93, and my progesterone was 1,can anyone work that out for me don't think he knew much about it himself x

Hurdity

Re: evorel conti patches
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 04:09:55 PM »

Hi daisie

I hope it works for you. That oestrogen value is low but not exceptionally so, and in the post-menopausal range, so the patches should increase this. Progesterone is always this low during the first half of the menstural cycle and during post-menopause so that's fine. Bear in mind that oestrogen levels fluctuate according to time of day and other factors - but will be less variable post-menopause.

You will be likely to experience a few side effects to start with - as your body acclimatised to extra oestrogen, and also from the progestogen in the patch, and you may get some initial spotting so be prepared for that. These should soon settle and hopefully you will soon feel much much better  :)

Hurdity x

daisie

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 04:42:52 PM »

hi hurdity..thanks for your post that's enlightened me with information what I didn't know .I put the patch on at dinner time think im feeling some kind of side affect now iv gone sleepy all of a sudden good job we are having a take away tonight im going to percevere with them the doctor gave me enough for a month to see how I get on and said once I start to feel ok on them to ween off the amitriptyline which is a good thing if I can.. hope its not long before I   feel a change with them.thanks again hurdity x

Js

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 06:04:47 PM »

Hi daisie

Just read you thread on evorel conti patches I have been on them evorel conti 50 patches for 5 years had one break and just gone back on them because of the hot sweats at night  they do take about 2 weeks to take effect although this can vary obviously but the sleepyness I wouldn't put down to the patches as a side effect I would say it's more the amytriptan as I was on this to prevent migraines and they did make you drowsy and is a side effect I guess your on the tablets for depression? forgive me if not but not sure if it helps with the hormones and not sure why your doc said to ween off the tablets once you have got used to the patches anyway hope you feel better on the hrt soon

Js

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 08:09:40 PM »

If you feel as if you are unable to cope with side effects then you can cut a bit off the patch and build up gradually.

Honeyb
x

daisie

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 08:53:32 AM »

hi js and honeybun..i finished up taking the patch off I couldn't stand the sideeffects the headache was horrible.i think the doseage in the patch might have been a bit too much for me so I am going to try half a patch today and see how I go on  ..they do seem to get into your system fairly quick might have been better starting at a lower dose then building it up.. j.s how do you feel on the evorel patches do they suit you and how long did it take to feel some relief.x daisie

Wanderer

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 10:07:08 AM »

Morning ladies. Daisie, I started Evorel Conti 50 in August, and to be honest haven't notice much difference, but maybe if I came off them I would! Although, having said that, my bloating and pelvic pain is better. The only side effect I had, was very slight pink spotting with tiny cramps, every two weeks for the first 1 - 2 months, and then it stopped.

The biggest change for me, was Venlafaxine, incredible change to my mental clarity, not 100%, but much, much better! The very first tablet, I felt as though somebody had lifted a woolly balaclava off my head, bizarre. In America, they use it a lot instead of HRT, as it helps hot flushes as well. I started with Amitriptyline and it made me very sleepy, lovely at night, but I couldn't get up in the morning! I can't have that as well as Venlafaxine, sadly.

So, the jury is still out on Evorel, but it is early days in HRT terms, as all our forum ladies will tell you!

Love WANDERER. XXX

daisie

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »

hi wanderer..iv been on amitriptyline for over 5 years now not done much with the moods but I sleep ok with it I also still feel drowsy on it after all this time. would be worth mensioning the venlafaxine to the doctor I have heard some good results from that antidepressant before im just about to stick half a patch on and see how I feel on that ..I will be back to let you know how it is thanks for your post x daisie