Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: sideeffects  (Read 5261 times)

daisie

sideeffects
« on: December 12, 2014, 01:49:07 PM »

had a patch on since yesterday woke up feeling like iv been drinking all night .but I don't drink got a  sickly woozy head eyes feel heavy is this a side effect of the hrt anyone with any sugestions please x

Hurdity

Re: sideeffects
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 02:50:01 PM »

Hi daisie

I had to look back at your other thread to remember what you were taking..... I mentioned on there that you would likely expect some side effects. If your body has been lacking in oestrogen then you will notice the sudden increase. Also as you are on conti HRT unfortunately you will not be able to distinguish between initial oestrogen side effects, and those of the progestogen.

However if the side effects don't settle fairly quickly it will most likely be due to the progestogen - and these might take longer to settle. If they don't then you will need to try a different preparation.

For me that hangover feeling is due to progesterone - but then I haven't ever really been seriously deficient in oestrogen to the extent that my body wonders what's hit it when I start or re-start HRT!

Hope you feel better soon and it has the desired effect on flushes and sweats without prolonged unwanted side effects.

Hurdity x

daisie

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 03:27:05 PM »

hi hurdity..still no change in the fuzzy head at moment its been going on all day i do realy want to give them a go ..but don't know how long i can put up with this horrible head.i see in other post where woman have cut the patch in half iv been thinking about it may be its been a bit too much into my system as it does enter your blood stream fairly quick have you any idea as to when the side effects seem to disappear x daisie

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 04:23:42 PM »

I hope your head is better today daisie? When I get that hangover (but not a hangover!) migraine headache with exhaustion it lasts for 3 days, then my head clears and the fog lifts....

As I said in my post below it should settle quickly if it's oestrogen induced but maybe will take longer if it's the progestogen, and if it doesn't at all then a different preparation may be needed.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »

:bighug:

daisie

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 09:04:53 AM »

hi hurdity..well I finished up taking the patch off couldn't stand it any longer but im going to try half a patch today it was that horrible migraine feeling in the head there was no let up in it so im hoping that half a patch might not be as bad .I have read in a post some where that half a patch is the same as taking one hrt tablet .may be one patch is a high doseage to start off with .well ill try again and see what happens x daisie

peegeetip

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »

Hi

which patch are you on ?

:-*

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 08:50:40 PM »

Once this migraine headache has gone hopefully you will soon know whether it is the initial spike in oestrogen or the progestogen causing your headache and I can see that half a patch will allow you to build up the dose gradually. Hope it settles soon!

It's evorel conti peegeetip - we've discussed continuous progestogen and the possibility of norethisterone causing the side effects on another thread.

Hurdity x

daisie

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 08:18:10 AM »

hi hurdity..had half a patch on all day yesterday I felt a bit of a side effect last night woke up this morning with no side effects apart from how I usualy feel with taking amitriptyline ..I recon now the full patch was too strong for me fingers crossed I hope this half a patch can do some good x daisie

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 08:44:19 PM »

Well done daisie  :) - keep it up like this and then after a couple of weeks try cutting a bit less off eg so you have threequarters of a patch - for another couple of weeks, and then you might be ready to try the whole patch again.

I have always found 50 mcg to be just the right (minimum) amount to keep all the flushes and sweats at bay and most of the other symptoms (although I use local oestrogen for vag/bladder problems too).

Hurdity x

daisie

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »

hi hurdity ..still got the patch on cant feel any side effects with it ill keep at half a patch for a couple of weeks then 3 quarters like you said .what I have noticed  since being on the amitriptyline I don't get any painful symptoms like cystitis problems and the burning feeling when  going to the toilet when I have tried to come off the amitriptyline in the past it came back then it went again when going back on them so now I know that the amitriptyline does help with that problem ..for me. just thought I would mention it x daisie