Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: oestrogel help please  (Read 6399 times)

donnacrichton

oestrogel help please
« on: October 24, 2014, 08:48:15 AM »

Hi been on gel for about 2 months started on 2 pumps it controlled a lot of symptoms but felt anxiety and constant sexual urges. Tried increasing to 3 pumps made symptoms worse. Back to two pumps then reduced only tiny bit with a syringe and anxiety disappeared. Consultant has said try going by symptoms but to reduce slowly. Only got as far as 0.5 ml off and flushes and burning skin is awful but no anxiety. I know my own system is fluctuating with my own hormones. I don't know whether to stick to two or sit it out. I have had to stay off work today as can't concentrate. Is burning likely to settle or back to two pumps? I know messing with dose has not helped but hospital said they have given me gel to try to adjust dosage according to symptoms

Suzyq

Re: oestrogel help please
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 01:49:16 PM »

Well put stellajane! I agree it's about balancing the symptoms

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 02:06:50 PM »

I know I'd rather have flushes than the awful anxiety, I don't get flushes (yet) but I do have horrible anxiety  :-\

donnacrichton

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 05:12:58 PM »

I am really struggling today don't know what to do consultant hasn't got back to me yet feeling awful & scared. Symptoms getting worse don't know if too high or not enough. Teats and burning not letting up. One week ago i was so much better was ib just under two pumps. Not working now

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:19:56 AM »

I really can't believe what a tiny amount of this gel can do to my body. One week ago was plodding along ok and by reducing less than 0.5 ml to reduce the anxiety side effect I have knocked full system out of balance again. So angry with myself

donnacrichton

shutting down ovaries
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 06:43:51 PM »

Been to see consultant and he thinks it is my own hormones causing problems and ovaries are still active. He has advised to shut the ovaries down to get a constant level of hormones. This would explain the constant bleeding. Relieved in some ways and really nervous. To stay on 2 pumps estrogel and get injection on Wednesday. Has anyone had the same experience

Liz

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 07:17:20 PM »

Not had the same experience exactly but think I'm having a mixture of my own hormones (I'm 46 and peri) with the 2 pumps Oestrogel causing fluctuations.  Hope things work out well for you, Donna.

donnacrichton

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 08:23:18 PM »

Thank you hope when on a steady dose bleeding & hormones will level out. X

donnacrichton

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 08:05:58 PM »

An update had ovaries shut down had two implants so far. Still can't seem to get a dose that is great. Straight after 1st implant 3 days later brilliant no symptoms fir 5 full days. Then every symptom returned even stronger. Consultant advised to go straight to 3 pumps of estrogel didn't help so said go straight onto 4 pumps as at 42 own estrogen levels should be high. I have had a nightmare since every time I moved felt like it was going into an orgasm sorry to be so graphic. Anxiety & tears uncontrollable. Advised to reduce to 3.5 pumps slight improvement in anxiety but still highly aroused palpitations,tears burning in scalp and shoulders. Reduced to 3 pumps tingling and burning still there but eased slightly. I have had heavy bleeding all the way through when they said should have stopped after 1st implant. I also have had flushes all the way through even on 4 pumps. Is this possibly estrogen dominance?

Millykin

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 08:13:31 PM »

I have no experience in this but just wanted to give you  :bighug: hope it all settles soon
X

donnacrichton

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »

Thanks feeling a sore boobed hormonal sexed urged nutter !

Millykin

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 08:44:20 PM »

:rofl:

Suzyq

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 11:44:38 PM »

My hubby would like to swap me for you! Sounds like too much estrogen! I can only imagine it's gonna take a while to settle after what you've been through... Hope you're doing better - if estrogel doesn't suit (it didn't with me, I was up and down like a yo-yo), perhaps a patch may be more even! I use estradot and feel very even on it

donnacrichton

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 08:39:17 PM »

I've told to stay on 3 pumps until 24th December. Had an amazing 2 days at the weekend no symptoms at all. Today it is back with avengance. Anxiety tingling head and really very painful breasts. Hoping it is just settling it's so hard after feeling good. Bleeding had eased of to blood in discharge but back flooding again yesterday. Anyone's symptoms been this erratic?

janine scott

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 09:31:38 PM »

Hello there I take thyroxine 175mg and everol patches my level of thyroxine is fluctuating I have had it adjusted twice this year I've only been on patches short time have to see how it goes one day at a time very hard xx
Pages: [1] 2