Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: EVOREL PATCHES AND WEIGHT GAIN  (Read 12826 times)

abijsmith

EVOREL PATCHES AND WEIGHT GAIN
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:02:18 AM »

Hi All,

I'm new here, so apologies if I get this 'wrong' on my first go!
I'm 45, and have been prescribed Evorel 50 patches for about 6 months, but my weight has gone up a stone!  :(  I'm NOT eating more, and generally only eat about 1000 calories per day during the week when at work, so am very upset and flummoxed.

I've been to the docs who has prescribed Femoston instead (sequential). Do any members have experience of weight gain on Evorel that they have successfully dealt with? Is Femoston likely to be any better?

Many thanks ladies!

A xxx

karin

Re: EVOREL PATCHES AND WEIGHT GAIN
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 07:39:16 PM »

Hi and welcome
I took evorel sequi for 3 months ( just recently stopped) and i went up a dress size, ive been same size for years and always  watch my weight, literally within the first month. Its bloating i think although i have never had bloating in the past. I personally also take sea kelp to help weight maintenance but you need to ensure its suitable for you as it interacts if you have thyroid issues for example good luck, there are many benefits too hrt also

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 07:52:34 PM »

Hi Abij

Welcome  :welcomemm:

What has been said about HRT (and the contrceptive pill)  is that the oestrogen makes you feel better in yourself so you eat more. May well be true, well I think it has been for me........

karin

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »

Im not sure about that i made a real point to reduce my calories by about 150 a day and i still put on weight, its simply a side effect that needs to be managed

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 06:44:59 PM »

Karin - I didn't have your self control, the sad truth is that I had been eating more.
What with HRT and Gabapentin (famous podge inducer)

However, the last few weeks my appetite has totally gone. Weighed myself yesterday before swimming - have lost 2llbs.

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »

Hi Abij

I have been on everol Sequil patches for about 3 years and yes I have put on weight,however I am also on Thyroxin And Nortriptyline and have increased form a size 8 to 14 used to weigh 7  1/2 now stabilised at 10 stone 4.  I believe each different medication adds weight gain as a side effect, trying to come of Nortriptyline at the moment down to 45mg now from 90 so maybe I can loose a bit of weight, would be a bonus!