Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan advice needed please  (Read 4952 times)

Spangles

Utrogestan advice needed please
« on: October 23, 2014, 06:28:16 AM »

Hi Ladies

I recently changed from 200mg of Utrogestan to 100mg for 25 days.
The problem is I have started to bleed and I've only taken 21 days worth.
Do I continue to take it untill the 25 days? When will I start my next course? Do I need a break inbetweeners?
Really confused please help.

Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Cassie

Re: Utrogestan advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 06:33:07 AM »

Argh I hate it when one bleeds when you shouldnt...there was someone else on here to whom it also happened, apparantly, it can be caused by the Utrogestan, not getting absorbed properly, perhaps, try using it vaginally, it goes straight to the source then. I would finish the last 4 tablets. It may not be a big bleed as Utrogestan, I find, really stablilises the uterine lining, my gynae always says to take them, if I start spotting and it seems to halt it in its tracks...keep us posted, am sure someone will be along shortly to offer advice.

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 06:40:31 AM »

Hi Cassie

Thanks for your reply.
I do use it vaginally, this has never happened before, I have been using it for a while now. I have recently switched from 200mg for 12 days to 100mg for 25 days. I'm just confused as to wether I need a break between this 25 day course and the next 25 day course.

Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 08:05:39 AM »

I am also on 100mg but only use it for 12 days a month and get a monthly bleed, this is also an option, if you are able to have an annual scan of your uterus, maybe just a blip, I would carry on and see if it happens again next month. I think when on artificial hormones, any number of things can cause the system to go out of sync, I have had a few ocassions of breakthrough bleeds or spotting on the Utrogestan, so I wouldnt worry too much about it..

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:00:10 AM »

Does it not cause you irritation to use it like this for so many days?

Spangles

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 10:06:53 AM »

Hi Ladies
Thanks for your replies.
I don't think 100mg for 24/5 days is anything different to 200mg over 12 days as you are still getting the same dose just over a longer period of time.
I don't get any irritation from using marginally, for me it's better in terms of side effects

xXx

Suzyq

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 11:15:58 AM »

I use like this but don't have a break for 3 days!!!

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 11:45:13 AM »

I could never take it daily, I don't sleep well when I am on it, makes me feel very wired and shaky, like I have had way too much caffeine, I have very restless nights, looking forward to day 12!

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »

Sorry to hear about your migraine Stellajane because I get these sometimes too and they always last for three days.

My only suggestion is that when I'm organised enough and remember a week before I start the Utrogestan, is to take extra vaginal oestrogen - ie a daily loading for a week just to make sure I am especially plumped (!) with the idea that this might minimise any systemic absorption.

Hurdity x

Edit  - possibly should have posted this on the other thread about migraines....