Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Multi-Gyn for thrush???  (Read 2950 times)

Liz

Multi-Gyn for thrush???
« on: October 17, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »

Hi ladies - on my first month of HRT and think Ive got thrush coming (just before bleed is due).  I've got Canesten in the cupboard but am wondering if the Multi-Gyn cures thrush or just prevents it??

Does anyone use it to get rid of thrush?  Am hoping that the thrush is not due to the HRT...... I am a sufferer so hopefully it won't exacerbate it.

Dancinggirl

Re: Multi-Gyn for thrush???
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 05:16:11 PM »

I use Multi Gyn to help prevent and treat thrush I find Canetson really burns when I use it. The HRT should actually help reduce thrush outbreaks as the oestrogen can help to maintain the acidic balance in the vagina that will reduce the chance of thrush.  If you are prone to thrush then daily use of Multi Gyn helps to prevent outbreaks and it may be worth looking at your diet e.g. high sugar intake can make things worse.  Eating live yogurts every day can be beneficial and the 'be kind to your bits' regime is essential - cotton knickers, nothing perfumed, wash only with special intimate washes or aqueous cream (strictly no soap), take showers not baths, no tight trousers etc.
I'd use a big dose of Multi Gyn up inside morning and night for 2-3 days to see if it helps.
DG x