Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: How many things can break down? *****!  (Read 33510 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How many things can break down? *****!
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2014, 01:42:53 PM »

Our boiler man who had serviced our system for over 25 years died 3 years ago  :'( so we now have a reliable family firm - we were told he would be here at 10.30 that particular morning and I thought 'yeah, believe that when I see it' but he was here dead on the dot.

We have a coal fire, 2 blow heaters which I carry round as necessary, as well as halogen heaters …….

Ju Ju

« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »

Send your heaters this way if it gets colder!  ;D  Not too bad today, but the house is still warm from when the heating was working.

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »

You could come and collect them - kettles always on  ;) - fire is lit, bring own loo paper and a tin of beans ………. , pint of milk and some bread  :)

Have you blankets and hot water bottles for this evening?  Electric blanket?

Ju Ju

« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »

Venturing out this evening for the first time since my op. One of my neighbours is having a Christmas get together, so we'll be warm! I've been worrying that we won't find someone to fix the boiler next week, as it very old and the chap who looks after it has fashioned repairs through the years. He keeps saying keep it going for as long as poss as new ones are nowhere near as good. Hubby has told me off for worrying and that he will sort things even if we have to stay in a hotel if the weather turns bitter. Too much enforced sitting around!

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »

Pull the plug from the wall then  ;D Hotel sounds good to me  ;)

Enjoy this evening. 

Ju Ju

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2014, 03:08:59 PM »

:) thank you!

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »

Feet up.  Don't stand for too long - let us know what others were gossiping about  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »

Have a nice time Ju Ju, but don't over do it.

Hope your heating can be sorted soon.

Our kitchen tap is dripping and its one of the ones that can't be fixed. It's driving me nuts but it will have to wait until the New Year. Hubby says he could replace the tap himself but it would cost him as much for the specific tool as for the plumber. So a nice new shiny tap it will be. I would rather like a new sink too but I don't think he will go for that  :o

Honeyb
X

oldsheep

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2015, 03:30:42 PM »

Hexed the new fridge. It's gone wrong already, 2 weeks since delivery. Had to fight with JL to replace it, but they agreed finally.
Flush valve has gone wrong in the loo too. Ahhhhhhhhhh!

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2015, 03:33:22 PM »

What's wrong with the fridge?  How long will you need to wait?

DH has several small plumbing jobs around the house, 1 in the loft the other means draining the whole system  ::)

oldsheep

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2015, 03:37:00 PM »

The fridge is auto defrost but if you turn it down at all from setting 4 it frosts up in the top 1/2 of the back wall. Supposedly the warmest part of the fridge. I don't want to take my chances so insisted on a swap out. Bosch agreed with me too. They were nicer to deal with than JL.

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2015, 03:39:25 PM »

Good for you! I don't understand these new fangled fridge thingies that supposedly de-frost themselves  :o

I need DH to pull out the washing machine and dishwasher to check underneath in case they are leaking, to give the floor a Very Good Clean before pushing them back in.  Oh and the filter thingy needs cleaning too ……..

Ju Ju

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2015, 06:53:37 PM »

As my little grandson said, Gram's car is poorly again! Going back to the garage in the next few days. Having not used it for the last 2 weeks, it was difficult to start, but this time we know what is wrong, the wiring between the glow plug and the relay. Not that I understand how it works!

New dishwasher arrives tomorrow, having had to have postponed it from last week as we had a leak. All sorted. Am I strange to be excited to be the proud owner of a new stop cock tap now re-sited under the sink and a new dishwasher?!

Limpy

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »

Good for you! I don't understand these new fangled fridge thingies that supposedly de-frost themselves  :o

I don't understand how it works either - But it's WONDERFUL!

purplenanny

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2015, 07:15:45 PM »

JuJu, I would love a new stopcock placed where I can reach it easily. I understand your excitement ::)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10