Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: How many things can break down? *****!  (Read 33531 times)

Ju Ju

Re: How many things can break down? *****!
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2015, 07:14:42 PM »

Well no tax on my car!! How about it?  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2015, 07:23:32 PM »

Tempting!

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2015, 08:40:52 PM »

I know it's expensive. I've kind of got used to it but I really don't use it as it needs to be used. I do miss the power when I drive something less powerful and have to remind myself about pulling out onto roundabouts  ;D.  I will have to change it though - it's very temperamental at the best of times! Should start a new thread - sorry!

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2016, 04:23:35 PM »

The sewage pipe is blocked down the shared drive. Dyno rod is no where to be seen. What a week for this to happen. My son and his wife and baby from the USA, have come to stay for just a week. I'm just hoping it's a simple blockage and not damage caused by very heavy lorries coming back and forth during extensive building work next door.  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2016, 04:56:41 PM »

Not what you need any day of the week  >:(!  Maybe contact the local Planning Dept. who can send out a Surveyor for advice? 

Ju Ju

« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2016, 05:17:25 PM »

Dyno rod has been and gone. Says it's a job for the water board. Hopefully within 2 hours, other wise it's going to be a hotel stay. I can't cross my legs any longer.........! And I need a shower before my op follow up appointment tomorrow. Whiffy!

Ju Ju

« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »

Yeh! Just had a shower! The nice men from the water board came and unblocked the sewage pipe. No obvious cause. Meanwhile the iron fused the lights....very sensitive circuit. Must be sulking as I am ironing only a few things these days. New iron I think.

CLKD

« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2016, 10:11:05 PM »

Time for a new board then Ju Ju?  Our sockets don't go out if the lights do because they are on a different 'peg thingy' ….. and if a light downstairs blows it doesn't upstairs ……. trip still needs resetting for those lights affected which means going into a cold dark garage  >:( …….  ::)

Let us know how your appt. goes!

Ju Ju

« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2016, 10:13:10 AM »

Yes ours is wired so you aren't completely plunged into darkness and yes, it requires a trip to the garage!  :( It's so sensitive that a lightbulb going fuses a circuit. All very safe, but how does someone cope if they are very old or disabled? I think we'll have to rethink if we stay here into our old age. I'm off to my appointment soon. Will report back.

CLKD

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2016, 07:28:08 PM »

My Mum finds fire alarms difficult when the battery 'goes' - she's been advised/decided not to stand on a chair/ladder  ;) so goes after the noise with a broom  ;D ……… our fuse box is high up  :-\ food for thought!

Ju Ju

« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2016, 07:41:40 PM »

What ever works!  ;D  Yes our fuse box is high up and I couldn't reach for a while after my op and had to wait till DH got home. I suppose I could have found a neighbour to help, but it makes you think.

CLKD

« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2016, 04:01:03 PM »

Mum had convinced herself in November that her tall fridge/freezer was 'going wrong'.  We tried to reassure her but to no avail, by Feb. she was frantic to be 'right'.  So to shut her up we took her to buy a new one and now have the working unit from her kitchen here - works fine  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2016, 08:02:02 PM »

Our fridge/freezer is making strange noises. Think it's on it's way out. I don't mind though. I have never been happy with it. Half the kitchen was from part of a show room display and it was free with it, but was a cheap model. Now I can buy a better one.

Dulciana

« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »

Clouds and silver linings, Ju Ju..... :)

CLKD

« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2016, 08:49:57 PM »

How can a machine make strange noises  ??? ………  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10