Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: femseven  (Read 12906 times)

lesleylady

Re: femseven
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 01:39:20 PM »

Hi,  I've had been on Femseven Conti for 10 years and apart from the problem that they don't always stay stuck they have been brilliant and transformed my life.  However, for the past 5 months none of the local pharmacies have been able to obtain it - I've even tried ringing other pharmicies around the country and they all say they are unable to get it.  So for the past 5 months I've been on Evorel Conti and the side effects - headaches, feeling sick, unable to sleep etc. have become unbearable so reluctantly I'm thinking of coming off HRT.  PLEASE HELP - it seems quite a few of you ladies are currently unsing Femseven - where do you get yours from?

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 04:42:32 PM »

Hopefully someone will be along who uses this but if you can't get hold of it you don't need to come off HRT! There are other alternatives.

You can use oestrogen only patches and a seperate progestogen. The various types are listed in the menu on the left. There are Femseven 50 mcg oestrogen only patches - the same dose as the ones you were on
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

The progestogens are listed here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php
There are only two - a synthetic one, provera and the bio-identical Utrogestan ( micronised progesterone. Alternatively you could try a Mirena coil which delivers progestogen directly to the womb with very little absorption into the system. This contains the same progestogen as in the Femseven conti.

Hope you manage to locate some Femseven soon!

Hurdity x

Welshangel

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »

Hi katem
I got tegaderm waterproof dressing from ebay
Hope that helps
WA

donnacrichton

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 05:30:42 PM »

Hi I got it from my local chemist worth a try it worked quite well unfortunately I had an allergy to it x

Glass.half.full

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »

Hi ladies, I have discovered the patches stick better when applied just inside the hip bone area.  They also don't seem to  snag on underwear in this position.  You def need to keep a warm palm on them when first sticking them on too.

lesleylady

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 06:52:28 AM »

My grateful thanks to 'Hurdity' for all the information.  I feel I probably know more about hrt treatment than my doctor does now! If I can't get hold of the Femseven patches I'll go back to my gp armed with your info.  Many thanks.

Marsha11

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 10:16:42 PM »

Getting really frustrated once again with these Femseven patches.  Gone is the pleasure of lolling in the bath  >:( In desperation, I have been looking around the internet for best priced Tagaderm 6 x 7 film patches to stick over them, or it is going to cost a fortune in repeat prescriptions keep replacing them before the week is out. Femseven......if your listening, sort out your adhesion or make the patch be changed ever 2-3 days - suspect this is falling on deaf ears!

I was sitting on the sofa at the weekend and felt the old anxiety creeping back, so checked patch and it had gone.  Had to laugh  ;D or I would have cried  :'(.  Believe it must have rolled off with the first sign of winter and the 60 denier coming back out.

jo61

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 10:54:14 PM »

hi marsha

just wanted to let you know that I have tried a number of hrt with no success, at the moment I am on femseven conti and mine wont stick. I feel great on days one and two then the patch seems to go hard and I can feel it losing contact with the skin by day four I am usually in a state of anxiety and sweats are so bad that the patch just drops off. The longest I have kept one on is five days but I am a jittering mess, I have been told I have to persist for three months I have also used estraderm patches in the past which stuck well but they are supposed to be changed twice a week but I could not tolerate utrogestran 

Liz

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 06:41:24 AM »

Hi ladies - I'm just about to start changing to Oestrogel for this very reason.  I couldn't get the patches to stay on, wherever I put them.  I'm fairly active walking my dog for two hours a day and the patches always seemed to life at the edges or come off completely.  Just been prescribed Oestrogel as an alternative so going to try that next week once I've used the last of the Estradot patches.

katem

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »

Thanks Welshangel, I am going to try and get some Tagederm off ebay. In the meantime I am persevering with the very user unfriendly patches as best I can because I really do believe they are working!!!!!! :) I agree with some of our other posters about manufacturers ignoring our problems because they know we have very little alternatives and because the dreadful bloody menopause(no pun intended) drives us to desperation and beyond. The only thing that makes it bearable, is knowing I am not alone, so thank you once again to all my fellow sufferers. :-*
Pages: 1 [2]