Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hassle at the doctors-postcode lottery?  (Read 12032 times)

Dandelion

Re: Hassle at the doctors-postcode lottery?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2014, 08:59:42 PM »

Have you found anyone to help on the Daisy site yet.

Although that is for really early meno you might get some better info. Did your periods stop completely when you were in your early 40s ?

Honeyb
x
No, they have been on two-six week cycles since my early thirties, but the first time I noticed flushing in my upper body and night sweats was in the summer of 2009.

There isn't a lot of activity on the daisy site, so I am not holding my breath.
I'm a bit dissappointed though, cos I seem to be spending more money on this menopause, when my derelict flat needs renovating and making comfortable and worth living in.

I know that if I hadn't of written to Dr Currie though, I probably would have been refused again.
I have just been unlucky with negative experiences of the last three GP's.
Once is happen-stance, dunno why but hrt-negative GP's seem really common on here.
Twice is co-incidence, have another go with a different GP, maybe this one will be more compassionate and empathic.
Thrice, well, you have gotta be pretty unlucky.

honeybun

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 09:05:44 PM »

So you were peri at a fairly standard age and still having periods then.

My periods just stopped at 47, then came and went for a couple of years. I think that's quite standard and not really all that early to be honest. My mother had an early meno at 40.

Sorry you are not getting much luck from the Daisy site. I honestly think it's perhaps for younger people. Maybe someone will eventually reply.
Fingers  crossed.

Honeyb
x
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:23:32 PM by honeybun »

Dandelion

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 10:09:13 PM »

So you were peri at a fairly standard age and still having periods then.

My periods just stopped at 47, then came and went for a couple of years. I think that's quite standard and not really all that early to be honest. My mother had an early meno at 40.

Sorry you are not getting much luck from the Daisy site. I honestly think it's perhaps for younger people. Maybe someone will eventually reply.
Fingers  crossed.

Honeyb
x
I started peri at 42 years of age, so I would say, pretty earlier than the standard.
It's got steadily worse and worse.
I think I am classed as early peri.
I've been lacking oestrogen for five and a half years.
I hope I haven't wasted £20, cos I need all the money I can get to stay warm this winter, as I have rubbish windows which are too awkwardly shaped to and high risk of damaged plaster due to condensation.
My gas ch is very inefficient, again, I need a new one, but I am busy spending money on this men0 boll0cks when I should be getting more support offline.
It's become more of a saga than necessary.
My GP intimidated me last year which is why I gave up for a year, and put up with symptoms I neednt have
EDITed to add, the dentist and receptionist were more sympathetic as they saw me flushing really hot today, the doc has seen this also, but is being pointlessley difficult and wasting my time.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:19:23 PM by Dandelion »
Pages: 1 2 [3]