Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Ladies not on HRT  (Read 43548 times)

Rowan

Re: Ladies not on HRT
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »

Well said too babyjane, post away  :)

Also cherylks there is nothing wrong in realising that coping without HRT is not working for you  :) (trying to choose my words carefully so as not to sound patronising ::)) we do get to a point sometimes in posts when things go a little fraught on MM but it always rights itself.

Rowan

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2014, 10:45:32 AM »

Just to add on a lighter note, what I would value far more then HRT, supplements ext. or anything else, would be a good natural nights sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, and to wake up feeling well and rested, for the rest of my life.

That to me is worth its weight in gold.

pj44

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2014, 02:33:01 PM »

No wonder women who are not taking hrt. Don't post when they read some of the posts on here. Dandelion your post is totally unacceptable. What about women who for medical reasons cannot take hrt. Do they need to read they are going to end up old bags. I don't normal rise to the bait as i'm sure that's why you said what you did, but i could not let that comment pass.

Dandelion

« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2014, 02:43:15 PM »

Dandelion, I'm not on HRT and I'm not 'a frail shrivelled and miserable old bag'.

Most women don't take HRT but unfortunately they have to suffer total lack of respect for their choice by those that do.
Hi rosebud57

Sorry Frail shirvelled and miserable old hag is what I would feel like if I did not have HRT.
I'm sorry to cause offence with my words.
I hate not having enough hrt and I often wonder why some women don't choose it, but, ultimately, it's thier choice whether to take it or not.
  :hug:

Limpy

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2014, 03:03:10 PM »

No wonder women who are not taking hrt. Don't post when they read some of the posts on here. Dandelion your post is totally unacceptable. What about women who for medical reasons cannot take hrt. Do they need to read they are going to end up old bags. I don't normal rise to the bait as i'm sure that's why you said what you did, but i could not let that comment pass.

Dandelion, I'm not on HRT and I'm not 'a frail shrivelled and miserable old bag'.

Most women don't take HRT but unfortunately they have to suffer total lack of respect for their choice by those that do.
Hi rosebud57

Sorry Frail shirvelled and miserable old hag is what I would feel like if I did not have HRT.
I'm sorry to cause offence with my words.
I hate not having enough hrt and I often wonder why some women don't choose it, but, ultimately, it's thier choice whether to take it or not.
  :hug:

PJ 44 - Think Dandelion has explained her comments.
I too would be a wreck if I couldn't use HRT.
OK some women can't, or don't want to, take it for different reasons.
But HRT can offer many benefits.
What's wrong with saying that?

Dandelion

« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2014, 03:08:35 PM »

I know a lot of women who don't take HRT and none of them could ever be considered to be frail, shriveled or miserable and certainly not old bags.

If that was suggested to them a lynch mob would be out.

I have never understood why there is such an attitude on the forum over the women who do and the women who don't.
Surely we are all entitled to voice opinions and learn from each other without it getting personal in any way.

I do take HRT, but wish I didn't. I will stop at some point and the experience of those women who have chosen not to will be gratefully received.

Let's just respect everyone's choice without any need for unkind comments.

We do not want to drive anyone away from the forum because they think they will be criticised for their opinions.

Honeyb
x
Look :( I'm really sorry for what I said.

I wasn't thinking about what I was saying.
It's not like me to say unkind things.
I can understand why you non hrt women are upset with what I said, but I honestly didn't mean to upset you, just poorly chosen words with no thought of how they would be felt by others.

Thoughtlessness has been a big thing with my low moods in peri, too concerned about self to consider how others feel, but when my mood is not low, I am a really kind person.

I hate upsetting people.
Please accept my humblest apologies.

:grouphug:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:10:52 PM by Dandelion »

honeybun

« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2014, 03:11:06 PM »

I think we should just move on now with no hard feelings.

We all have our moments  ::)

Honeyb
x

rosebud57

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »

It's not a problem just expressing an opinion but what it implied (or said direct) by some ladies taking HRT e.g.

1) Those not taking HRT cannot possible be suffering as much or they would be taking it (very judgemental)

2) We are just plain stupid not to be taking it (bad mannered and judgemental).

Both of these views have been expressed or implied in this thread and that's why it has got so heated.

More respect is need.

rosebud57

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2014, 03:30:06 PM »

That is my last word on the subject.

Sparky64

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »

Hi, I was on HRT for 18 day's before my doctor brought me off it after having the most agonising migrains ever (had never had them in my life) I wasn't happy about taking HRT in the first place but was suffering with the most horrendous menopause symptoms so agreed to try it. I don't take anything at all now (dr also told me that the over counter remedies are rubbish and not to waste my money)
I still get the horrendous menopause symptoms hot flushes night sweats, feeling sick aching bones, mood swings, depression, tired all the time, can't bear my partner to touch me and have not had sex since February this year..The list goes on. For me I chose not to take HRT as the risks outweighed the benefits.. I live in hope I will wake up one day menopause free :o)

Sparky

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2014, 04:30:09 PM »

a good night's sleep makes a huge difference to how we feel ……..

thorntrees

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2014, 04:56:21 PM »

As a non-HRT lady I accept you didn't mean any harm Rosebud, its a tough time for us all. Time to move on. Hope you feel better soon.

Thorntrees

Dandelion

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2014, 05:14:33 PM »

I am 50, have been peri for a few years and am not on HRT.  Up until recently I was adamnant I would not take hrt due to having tried it and various pills for period problems years ago which sent me over the edge.  I eat healthily, exercise 3/4 times a week, try and not allow myself to get overstressed about life - not easy sometimes!!  However, having been on this site for the last couple of years and reading all the posts, I have come to realise that the time may come when I have to give hrt a go.  For me it will be a massive challenge - my quality of life and even life itself could be more compromised by hrt (I used to get suicidal with the extreme swings in hormone balance even with pill/hrt) whereas for the last few years I have been more settled.  But I may have to consider the current quality or not of my life and which gives me the best outlook as other symptoms of Menopause kick in more severely.  I appreciate hearing all views for and against.  For some it is an easy choice - may be you are lucky in that.  For others it is just not so straight forward.
Some of the synthetic progestins in some of the HRT's affects quite a few women this way, especially norethisterone.

Sadly, I think this puts some women off trying hrt, because of the bad experience.

Nowadays, though, they have bio-identical progesterone and this is much better tolerated as it is much closer to the natural progesterone.
It is called utrogestan or micronised progesterone and is much better tolerated than the old-fashioned synthetic progestins.

thorntrees

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2014, 05:50:54 PM »

Sorry, re my last post I meant to say Dandelion not Rosebud- just shows how confused I get these days 😊

Thorntrees

honeybun

« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2014, 06:24:35 PM »

Dandelion, hate to say it but you are pinning so much hope on something you have not even tried yet. I used utrogestan and hated it as have quite a few on the forum.

This is a thread for those not taking HRT.....ideas....suggestions....recommendations.

Maybe wait until you have tried before you recommend.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10