Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Ladies not on HRT  (Read 43553 times)

purplenanny

Re: Ladies not on HRT
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »

Hurdity, in my opinion you are a very valued member on this forum so please don't even think about going anywhere.
Please don't be upset :hug:  PN x x

purplenanny

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2014, 03:59:46 PM »

CLKD - please translate?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2014, 04:04:27 PM »

Starting a new thread  ;)

I bumped the thread from 200andsomething way back  ::) …….
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:13:32 PM by CLKD »

rosebud57

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »

Marilyn Glenville is a nutritionist who has written books on the natural way to deal with the menopause.  I have already mentioned her books in this post but her website is www.marilynglenville.com.  Interesting site with other health topics including weight gain, if anyone is interested.

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2014, 04:13:56 PM »

:thankyou:

Rowan

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2014, 04:24:45 PM »

CLKD has bumped up "One life, live it, celebrate it" the thread is "Wise Woman Status" I have forgotten all about it, its very interesting.

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2014, 04:45:44 PM »

:thankyou:  dragged it out of the archives a bit  ::) - shows how strong women have needed to be over the Centuries ……..

Dandelion

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2014, 01:27:46 AM »

I tried all the alternatives first then went onto HRT. I think that's a pretty common experience. I was 52 before I started developing symptoms which were affecting my quality of life.  I had hoped to be the type to sail through but that wasn't to be the case!

Frankly I couldn't care less what the next woman takes or doesn't take as long as it suits her. MY main gripe is about the inconsistency in NHS provision across the country and the fact that GPs in the same group practice sometimes don't even sing from the same hymn sheet. Your GP should be on your side however you choose to get through your menopause. It shouldn't have to become a battle.
No it shouldn't and I don't even know why it is.Ego's?
Whatever it is, it's silly, women should be offered the hormones they need to re-blossom and thrive as a full rich mature woman, rather than a frail shrivelled and miserable old bag.

rosebud57

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2014, 06:55:11 AM »

Dandelion, I'm not on HRT and I'm not 'a frail shrivelled and miserable old bag'.

Most women don't take HRT but unfortunately they have to suffer total lack of respect for their choice by those that do.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:58:39 AM by rosebud57 »

honeybun

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2014, 07:43:28 AM »

I know a lot of women who don't take HRT and none of them could ever be considered to be frail, shriveled or miserable and certainly not old bags.

If that was suggested to them a lynch mob would be out.

I have never understood why there is such an attitude on the forum over the women who do and the women who don't.
Surely we are all entitled to voice opinions and learn from each other without it getting personal in any way.

I do take HRT, but wish I didn't. I will stop at some point and the experience of those women who have chosen not to will be gratefully received.

Let's just respect everyone's choice without any need for unkind comments.

We do not want to drive anyone away from the forum because they think they will be criticised for their opinions.

Honeyb
x

thorntrees

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2014, 08:11:22 AM »

Well said Honeybun, I agree with you completely
Thorntrees

rosebud57

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2014, 08:16:51 AM »

Ditto.

cherylks

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2014, 08:17:41 AM »

I am 50, have been peri for a few years and am not on HRT.  Up until recently I was adamnant I would not take hrt due to having tried it and various pills for period problems years ago which sent me over the edge.  I eat healthily, exercise 3/4 times a week, try and not allow myself to get overstressed about life - not easy sometimes!!  However, having been on this site for the last couple of years and reading all the posts, I have come to realise that the time may come when I have to give hrt a go.  For me it will be a massive challenge - my quality of life and even life itself could be more compromised by hrt (I used to get suicidal with the extreme swings in hormone balance even with pill/hrt) whereas for the last few years I have been more settled.  But I may have to consider the current quality or not of my life and which gives me the best outlook as other symptoms of Menopause kick in more severely.  I appreciate hearing all views for and against.  For some it is an easy choice - may be you are lucky in that.  For others it is just not so straight forward. 

Rowan

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2014, 09:32:33 AM »

Well said HB.

I do think we should have a thread entitled "Women who choose not to take HRT" that way there would be no misunderstandings.

babyjane

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2014, 09:41:44 AM »

I agree with honeybun and rosebud and I was getting a bit unsure about continuing to contribute to this thread but I want to respond to cherylks.

I have also tried things in the past, including ADs and some HRT and they did not suit me, made me feel worse, upset my thyroid balance and didn't help with the problem. So I developed the attitude that I could if I felt I needed to and started to take a few days at a time and coped as I have outlined in a previous post.  I am more settled without it as my thyroid levels are a bit unstable anyway and that is enough to cope with.

However I always have the thought in the back of my mind that I could if things got unbearable but just when I find things becoming troublesome (last night I sweated for England all night) it usually starts to ease off (hadn't sweated for a few weeks before last night).

From reading posts in other threads it doesn't seem to always be a case of 'get on HRT and live a full rich life' anyway, there seem to be many ladies represented here who choose HRT but find it is not the cure-all that they had thought it would be.

In the end it is an individual and very personal decision and we should all be supporting each other not saying 'my way is better than your way'.

Just my point of view, don't want to make any more waves as this thread seems to be a little controversial.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10