Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Ladies not on HRT  (Read 43545 times)

thorntrees

Re: Ladies not on HRT
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2014, 02:31:52 PM »

I too thought the thread was about  those who are not on HRT. There are many reasons why individuals look for alternative ways of coping  with menopause symptoms and they may not want to explain or discuss those reasons on this forum but would still like to share their experiences. Everyone is entitled to their view of course and surely we are all trying to find the best way possible through this time in our lives given our own particular set of circumstances. If there was one foolproof solution that helped everyone there would be no need for this forum. I'm grateful for any help and ideas that might be of benefit as I'm not on HRT. I wouldn't comment on HRT as I have no personal experience of it ,for those who use it I'm just glad it works for them

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2014, 02:48:38 PM »

As an aside - if 'alternative' remedies worked then I'm sure some pharmaceutical company would synthesise what ever works  ;) ………

Rowan

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2014, 02:50:43 PM »

Might be safer to post on the "Tell us how you cope without HRT" forum.

I have used an estrogen patch and I make no apologies for using Natural Progesterone Cream  now and then, another subject that seems to cause an outcry, along with supplements.

I do defend the right for all women who post and those who only read them, to be be able to talk about whatever they use, and how they get through menopause and beyond.

MM is not just for women who use HRT but I know that quite a few women in the past have left MM because they feel that that it is and they don't feel they belong.

This an open forum as has been pointed out, but using discretion keeps it a happy one.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:16:24 PM by silverlady »

rosebud57

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2014, 02:58:46 PM »

Pharmaceutical companies are all about profit.  There is no profit in producing something that's already out there.  They could not get 'exclusive rights' which is where the money is.  They make the most money from producing for chronic conditions that result in long term use.  If the menopause could be sorted with a one dose pill, do you think they would bother to produce it ?????????????

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »

But they do, i.e. Aspirin  ::) ……. taken from willow bark.  Of course not everything they produced would suit everyone ………

We had a 'witch' in our village  :o - I suspect in hindsight that she used herbs …… I used to creep by her shabby bungalow quietly in case: I remember Mum dashing me over there when I fell, hitting my head badly ……… I remember begin scared and don't remember what she used, only that I had to lay on the settee for the remainder of the day ……….

rosebud57

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2014, 03:05:47 PM »

No money in aspirin as it has been out of patient for decades.  It is now what is called a generic medicine and is produced and sold at low cost.

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2014, 03:06:28 PM »

Yep.  That's all the Research done on aspirin.  Happens with most meds eventually  ::) ………

karin

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »

All very interesting thank you, i must say that had i had a better experience with progesterone i would have tried the patches for longer as i personally found the oestrogen part excellent -work, sleep and quality of life improved tremendously and if there was a way to safely increase my oestrogen in any way without having to also take progesterone, i would certainly do it ( any thoughts??)
However i  guess i have lost at least 40% of my hair and it present dont want to gamble with the remaining, ive got my magicool out and have started starflower and will let you know how well ( or badly) it goes! Please do leave your ideas and thoughts xxx

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »

Lots of ladies suffer with progesterone  :'(  :-\ …….. have you looked at the NAPS web-site? I had a lot of help from them when I had dreadful PMT …….

Let us know how you get on!  Evening primrose oil was suggested for several years to ease symptoms. 

rosebud57

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2014, 03:20:06 PM »

You could take a Q10 supplement, which amongst other things, is supposed to help hair loss.  Helped me loads with fatigue and muscle ache as well.

Rowan

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2014, 03:25:06 PM »

Most drugs used by the pharmaceutical industry were originally medicinal plants, in fact they employ and starting put money into people trying to discover new cures from eg rain forests, then synthesised  in the lab.

http://www.projectcensored.org/22-there-may-be-a-cure-up-there-in-the-rain-forest/

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »

:thankyou:  8)    we are Mine of info on here ………. not that I'm offering to go into the Jungle you understand

Rowan

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2014, 03:32:30 PM »

Nothing wrong in being a Hedge Witch CLKD either, there are many many of them still.

"A Hedge Witch does not belong to a coven. She does not follow the tenets of any sect or organized religion. Her craft is her own - usually handed down to her by family and honed by her own experience and research"

Hurdity

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2014, 03:42:53 PM »

Hurdity, I for one NEVER post on threads where the ladies discuss their HRT use/problems. One because as a non HRT user it would be arrogant of me to do so. Two, because they don't interest me, and lastly because It's not my place to say you should not take HRT. 

Perhaps you should stop trying to persuade us non takers that HRT should be taken, even if we don't want to. 

It's call good manners.

I am getting extremely upset by all these personal attacks which have no place on this forum, and especially at being told I am bad mannered which I do try not to be. :'(

All I am doing in an a way that is as objective as I can be I hope, is to provide any information I have found, which has a bearing on the subject being discussed . There are real people behind these posts, with feelings. :( . I don't think I can take this any more

Hurdity

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2014, 03:44:32 PM »

Hurdity - the written word is static ……… try not to be too hurt  :-\

"Isis, Istate, Diana, Hegaty, Dimita, Karli, Ianna " ………. sorry about spelling  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10