Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Night Sweats/No Libido/No help from doctor  (Read 2781 times)

Cathypops

Night Sweats/No Libido/No help from doctor
« on: October 10, 2014, 04:25:06 PM »

Hi there, I'm really sorry to post here. Perhaps someone can direct me to the right page? I've been a member here for some years but lately I have had terrible night sweats. I'm so hot and sweaty for half an hour and then have to pull the duvet off. Then I'm cold and shivering. Then dry for a bit. This whole cycle happens at least 4 or 5 times a night. I have also lost all my libido and lubrication (that has been for a year or so). I have had a test from the doctor and she told me I was 'normal'. I don't agree. She offered me no help. I have had irregular and heavy periods for 4 years or so and after 3 months I'm still waiting for my next. This is driving my loving close relationship with my partner away in a non-intimate-personal-contact sort of way. He's been very understanding, but I'm just frustrated. Any advice please?

Cathypops

Re: Night Sweats/No Libido/No help from doctor
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 07:03:24 PM »

I was wondering whether that might help. Phew, seriously hot again!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 07:25:27 PM »

How old are you Cathy? You definitely need some sort of HRT if only for the vaginal dryness. This wont get better on it's own and you need oestrogen to plump things up again.

Taz x

Cathypops

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 08:20:52 AM »

Thank you for your replies. I am 49, close to 50. I think I will return to my doctor and see if there is anything more she can do for me. In the meantime is there anything you can buy over the counter to help with these symptoms?

Machair

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 09:17:30 AM »

What you describe is so typical. Many people think night sweats are flushes that only last a few minutes but my experience is that you are hot most of the night. This cycle of waking up many times dripping wet is exhausting so no wonder we have low libido not to mention high anxiety levels. It is related to periods being missed in many cases but can also herald their arrival too. Many ladies in early peri notice they are hot just prior to a period starting even when regular.

I went 11 months without periods and they returned - it was bliss as I lost the sweats for a few months and began to sleep better again. The sweats are back now - dreadfully and I have PMT but can see the cycle is changing and I think my periods will stop again soon.