Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Taking a step back - system swamped?  (Read 3200 times)

SueRoe

Taking a step back - system swamped?
« on: October 10, 2014, 09:24:05 AM »

I started HRT (Evorel Sequi) in March (am peri and 53) and felt much better for 2-3 months. Started to feel grotty so switched to a different HRT (Fem7 Sequi). Still not good so switched to Evorel 50 patches and Utrogestan (200mg on days 15-26). My hair's falling out, I've no energy or motivation but my mind is racing with lines from songs going round and round, and I sleep about 4 hours a night in 20 minute chunks. This can't go on so I'm stopping all HRT, multivits and 5HT to see how I sleep. I feel that I need to get back to "baseline" then think again. I feel overloaded with intervention and lack of sleep. I think maybe the dose of HRT might be too much for me - I'm not big. Anyone else felt the same? Did getting off the cycle of HRT and introspection help? Many thanks for any help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Taking a step back - system swamped?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 09:40:47 AM »

Yep.  Life itself over-takes me sometimes  >:( so I have to re-jig my ADs and BB.  If you stop your current medication regime you can then decide if you still require HRT ………… keeping a food/mood diary can help too!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 09:58:41 AM »

Hi Freda - I know the feeling about wanting to start from scratch again.

Can I just ask how long you've been taking 5-HTP for? People have reported racing thoughts and sleeplessness as a side effect of this treatment so could this be one of the reasons for your problems? It can also cause fatigue.

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 10:00:55 AM »

Yes, I tapered down my estrogen ( to much acts for me just how you described) now I am off it all together I feel calm and well, I have realised that its life stress that mess with my health not my hormones now. I am also delighted how the weight is falling off now.

I still take my supplements I still have a  dab of progesterone cream now and then if I am feeling anxious due to outside influences.

At under five foot I am not big either.

SueRoe

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 10:19:57 AM »

What a relief that others know what I'm talking about! Thank you.
Taz2 - I've been taking 5HT for a couple of weeks and now that you mention it the racing thoughts do seem to coincide... I'll post the results of stopping it for the interest of anyone else here.

SueRoe

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 03:06:00 PM »

Following on from Taz2's suggestion about 5HT on this thread on 10th Oct where I said I'd report back - I did stop the 5HT and do feel less agitated though I've still got lines from songs going round my head all the time and dreadful restless legs (or rather leg - just the left one) at night so very crappy sleep! I did wonder, for the benefit of anyone else who takes 5HT, if the racing thoughts and agitation on 5HT were a low level of "serotonin syndrome" which can be dangerous if ignored. I don't want to worry anyone but this ought to be borne in mind if you take it and feel odd. The restless legs started soon after I came off citalopram a year ago - anyone got any experience of how to stop it? I'll start another thread on this. Toodlepip.