Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1443 times)

Nata

Hi everyone
« on: October 07, 2014, 02:28:36 AM »

I  am 46 and peri menopausal. My FSH is 70, but I don't have hot flashes anymore ??? ??? I started feeling awful back in April and decided that I was seriously ill, after about two months I started realizing that something else is going on... My GP ran some test and told me that everything was ok, but my FSH was 70... She did not prescribe any HRT though...But the most symptoms've diminished by now... Isn't it strange?
The only thing bothers me is my painful shoulder - the pain radiates all way to my back and my fingers :'(

Teapea71

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 07:54:17 AM »

Welcome Nata,
                   If you are sypmtom free...you are lucky but you need to think long term about protection from osteoporosis and heart disease etc. I would go back to the docs about the shoulder pain...sounds like referred  pain which could be from a pinched nerve in your neck or a bit of arthritis but obviously arm and shoulder pain could be cardiac in nature so you really should get it checked out. You will find lots of great info in the links on the left as well as pearls of wisdom from forum members x  :)

caz24

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »

Hi Nata

I'm 47 and peri too and it is really strange how things change and go up and down. It's apparently all very normal and as another lady said on another post recently we have to enjoy the calm phases! I'm also not on HRT but like you don't feel that I need it...at the moment anyway.
I'm sure that you'll find lots of info on this site and I do know that there are lots of lovely ladies on here to offer support and advice when you need it. xx