Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help  (Read 9903 times)

countrybumpkin

Re: Help
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 09:42:44 AM »

Wow, 14 mri's  :o  Why so many?  You're right, it sounds like having an mri is a double edge sword if it picks up stuff you didn't know or need to know  ::)

As an mri expert  ::) Would you not recommend having one unless absolutely necessary because what it could show up may worry you more? Difficult question, I know!!

Libby
x

I have had so many mri's mostly on my spine as I have prolasped disc and bad arthritis in my neck, neurofibroma on my thoracic spine and then all my lumbar discs are herniated ::)
The neck problem itself gives many many weird symptoms often in the head and balance problems ( neck helps control balance via messages to inner ear) so those symptoms were looked at via brain mri which picked up things that needed repeat scans to see if anything changed ( didn't) so this is how I ended up with so many scans!! Once you have spine problems then a change in symptoms requires further scans to see if anything has worsened.
Sometimes scans can pick up things in advance, my friend went for a scan of her lumbar spine due to leg pain and they found she had kidney cancer :o - the cancer was totally symptom free and nothing to do with her leg pain that was from a lumbar disc but that scan might have saved her life as they removed her kidney and she is fine 7 years on.
So as you say its a double edged sword!!!!

Def tell your Gp about your symptoms and also any neck pain etc he may be able to reassure you about the symptoms without the need for further tests.

libby1

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »

Went to see gp this morning. She has no concerns over ms  :D

She is sending me for blood tests to check vitamin levels, thyroid and diabetes.

I'll keep you posted but thank you all for the support, I do panic sometimes, wretched hormones  >:(

Libby
x

Smokey

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 02:51:50 PM »

Hi Libby1

I have also had cold patch of running water at times usually over my buttock, my consultant for my MS said symptoms are only felt on  One side of the body at one time if it's ms related.

I'm not sure how true this is, as I havnt had any relapses since my first one 4 years ago.

I'm sure it's hormones playing up!
Smokeyx

oldsheep

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 04:05:27 PM »

Friend of mine (same age) has fused discs in her neck (she's just had an op in fact) and had some mega weird sensations and loss of sensation in her fingers. Yours could be from that?

Since meno I have had weird sensation changes too although I also have Fibro/M.E which doesn't help. I feel as if my clothes are stuck to me when they aren't; my eyes are streaming when they are dry; my legs tingle like mad. I had an MRI which was inconclusive and they said 'anxiety' which I don't accept, but the longer it's gone on, the more I'm convinced although it's clearly my brain involved, it's not going to hopefully be serious but is just horrible to live with. Mine goes away in sunny weather.
Does yours come and go?

libby1

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 06:29:09 PM »

Hi Girls

When I had it 4 years ago, it was both sides but more noticeable on my right. This time it's my right palm, arm and right sole of foot and top of foot. It's a weird feeling a bit like when you slap something and your palm stings.

I have it on and off throughout the day but not at all at night or when I wake up.  I do get occasional skin crawling in both legs.

I'm hoping it is just hormone related as my period is trying to start at the mo so maybe my hormones are all over the place  :-\

Libby
x
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:49:33 AM by libby1 »

marge

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 01:21:53 PM »

Hi, my first post!  I don't know if this is relevant, but for the past three months I've had a tingly left foot and my body vibrates.  I saw GP who said it was anxiety and post-meno (I'm 56).  He gave me ADs, but I haven't taken them.  Strange things is, I don't get any symptoms when I'm driving, going for walk, deeply engrossed in a film/tv/good book. When the symptoms started, I was quite worried about both my children, but things have settled down with them now, but I still get the tingling.

cheekygal

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »

I have similar symptoms to some of you, mainly left side, it stated a couple of years ago with what felt like a bee sting in my left upper back near shoulder blade, it would come and go, there was nothing there to see, I did mention it casually to GP when I was there for another reason, he said it was likely to be a pinched nerve, so I stopped worrying ( I do have health anxiety), Fast forward to start of this year when the stinging feeling developed into a dull ache which is also in shoulder, down arm into hand and also armpit pain I sometimes have twitching muscles in arm, leg & fingers/thumb and for the past week, left side neck pain, I also sometimes have a feeling in thighs like someone nipping me.  I must admit my mattress is not the best and most mornings I wake up with pins and needles in both hands which goes when I get up,  I always think the worst, got GP tomorrow for a check up after gall bladder removal,  I am worried about mentioning this as like a few of you say, being referred for scans etc just fuel our anxiety. I must admit, mine has been worse this year since I started Peri. 

CG X

libby1

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 09:09:28 AM »

I"m off to an osteopath tomorrow to see if he can help. I'm fed up with worrying and I have to accept that the gp isn't worried so I shouldn't be and worrying definitely makes it worse  :(

Oh, to be normal and rational again  :-\

Libby
x

cheekygal

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 07:53:53 PM »

Sparkle, no the bee sting feeling wasn't related to GB problems, I did mention the aches in arm/shoulder to GP, who does think pinched nerve and gave me a card to self refer for physio.

You also mentioned PPI's causing low magnesium, I read this to but GP said there's thousands on PPI's long term and mag levels are fine, hmmmm not so sure as that is not a test that is done routinely, also there is only 1% of magnesium in the blood, the rest is in our cells.  I did try supplementing with transdermal magnesium, but ended up with rapid heartbeat and bad anxiety, chances are it caused my BP to drop, it turns out mine is quite low anyway.  The transdermal is the best way of absorbing mag, it may be that I was using too much too soon or I didn't need it in the first place.  Did you get your levels tested?

I am just not the same person I was 9 months ago, I really hope this horrible feelings will pass for us all

CG x

cheekygal

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 08:38:03 PM »

Sparkle my guess is your mag levels will show normal, as I said most magnesium is stored in cells and not the blood.  If you do get some mag be careful and build up the amount of sprays gradually or another way to get it is from the flakes either in a bath or foot bath. 

CG X

Briony

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 11:15:43 PM »

Libby, just to reassure you, I have had all the sensations you describe plus a few more weird ones (not been able to wear a bra with straps for nearly two years and at times, the sensations are so odd and sensitive I can't wear jewellery like bracelets or necklaces without my hand or arm going cold or else 'heavy'). I have had lots of MRIs, brain scan, endless blood tests and a nerve test. Only pointer they can find is low estrogen. I hate the pain and/or cold sensations, but am trying not to let it dominate my life and have banned my daily meetings with Dr Google! Amitriptyline and Cymbalta both helped, though created their own issues (bad side effects).  Really hope it helps you to know you're not alone . B x

libby1

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2014, 09:09:05 AM »

Thanks Briony
Yes, it does help hugely to know that it's not just me. My New Years resolution is going to be "no more googlng!!"
It's a vicious circle that's meant to reassure but only makes you worry more  :'( Is yours one side or both? Mine is one side but does move around on that side  :-\ I think it probably is anxiety related but I'm not good at relaxing and switching off. I'd love to be able to meditate but I can't turn my thoughts off  ;)
Libby
x

Briony

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2014, 07:20:29 PM »

Libby. it's on one side usually, though after a year's break, it came back a little on the other side once (very slightly). There is a theory that it is linked to water (retention) ever so slightly touching  the nerves in places where they are already squeezed together such as under the arm and the ankles. It's not a proper trapped nerve hence the reason it does not show in MRIs. This does seem to make sense in terms of hormones. It has been suggested that it's also a Fibromyalgia symptom, but my gut feeling is that it's more likely to be hormonal in our cases. I was initially diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome, which usually only affects one side (though can be bilateral) and can cause these strange sensations. However, when it moved into my foot as well, it was clearly not TOS - that's when I hit Google (aghh!).
Take care, B x
Pages: 1 [2]