Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New member needs help  (Read 2776 times)

Lilowl1

New member needs help
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:01:24 PM »

Hi Ladies,
I am new here I would very much appreciate your views on the problems I have:'(experiencing.Vaginal atrophy is been a problem for long time finally seen jp got prescriptio
for gynest was told no longer available so got vagifem  asked the pharmacist if there is  difference between the two, he seem to imply that gynest is better? Is it??
I can't seem to be able to have minute amount of alcohol without my face tuning the colour of beet root JP prescribed some medication having read patron info leaflet got a bit scare of takin itDont know what to do ? Apparently lowers BP and constricts blood vessells.
Been doing pelvic floor ex for some years now with biofeedback back machine once a day religiously, but can seem to achieve the level I was before.  I am 59 and I don't know what to do next give up sex alcohol and stat wearing pads! Well, not if I can help it not without a fight!Please help and thank you.

Dancinggirl

Re: New member needs help
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 09:31:29 PM »

Hi and welcome Lilowl1
There are quite a few threads on this site that cover your problem - so do search around.  Check out: The Burning Club and Burning Urethra.
Vagifem is a very popular treatment and probably the easiest to use.
You need to make sure you use it every night for at least the first 2 weeks and then 2 times a week after that.  It can take time to relieve symptoms especially if you have been suffering for some time. 
don't be scared of using it - very little oestrogen is absorbed around the body - the leaflets are the same as you get for full HRT.
I'm afraid alcohol will bring on flushes - sadly many of us can't drink alcohol without full HRT.   Dg x

Hurdity

Re: New member needs help
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 02:10:45 PM »

Hi Lilowl1

:welcomemm:

Yes there are differences in the two types but they are designed to achieve the same thing - ie plump up the vaginal cells and those of bladder and urethral areas too.

Vagifem contains estradiol and Gynest contains estriol. Gynest cream is still available even thought the pessaries have been discontinued - but has to be applied using a washable applicator. It is messier this way I suspect but there is more lubrication as well from the actual cream. It is just a matter of preference really and also whether you can tolerate all the fillers etc used.

Even on full HRT I can't drink much alcohol - not because of flushes as these have gone - but gives me headache and sometimes migraine especillay wine  :( . Still manage to enjoy a little though !

Hurdity x