Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: At last!  (Read 2089 times)

Ancient mummy

At last!
« on: October 09, 2014, 02:38:57 PM »

I joined the site just a few days ago and I'm SO glad I found you all! I've been feeling awful for ages and no doubt hell to live with (sorry hubby and daughter :() But today, I feel justified in being on this site......I got blood results back to today and my lovely, kind doctor says I am "definitely, definitely perimenopausal". I'm waiting another week to see if my elusive period starts and then embarking on HRT regardless. I know it must seem barmy, but walking back from the doctors today, I felt better than I've felt for months simply because I know there's good reason for the way I've been feeling, and hopefully, help is at hand. When hubby rang me to find out how I'd gone on, and I told him about the impending HRT, he made some joke about me becoming a "bearded lady". I think it's going to take a while to get his head around how it all works. Good job I was in a better mood and could see the funny side of his remark. Men eh? Who'd 'ave 'em?!  ::)

dazedandconfused76

Re: At last!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 03:07:04 PM »

Hi Ancient Mummy (feels rude calling you that!) and welcome  :)

Things have come to a bit of a head for me lately also...hence joining this week too! It's great finding people on here going thru the same thing with the same (crazy!) symptoms! Glad you're feeling better about the future. I've just started antidepressants (which I never wanted to do) as HRT has never even been mentioned to me by my gp's even tho it's been confirmed I'm peri meno and in my 30s?!

Hope the HRT works out for you...keep us posted xx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:44:02 PM »

Hi Ancient Mummy - welcome to the forum.

Taz x  :)

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »

:welcomemm:

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 06:28:29 PM »

hello and welcome. Sounds like you have a doctor who understands you which is good  :)

Ancient mummy

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 10:40:48 AM »

Thanks for all the comments, ladies. Hey Dazedandconfused - love your name. Nothing rude about calling me "Ancient Mummy! I chose it because I was 41 when I became a mum, plus I loved to go and look at the Egyptology department of the museum when I was a kid. Now, when I take my daughter and step children to the museum to look at the spooky old mummies with their leathery skin and their 3,000 year old manky,black toenails, I can see a striking resemblance to myself.....now where did I put that fungal nail cream and my night-time moisturiser??  ;D