Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Just finished first course of Utrogestan.....  (Read 2504 times)

Liz

Just finished first course of Utrogestan.....
« on: October 17, 2014, 06:45:21 AM »

Took the last tablet on Wednesday night.... am I correct in thinking that I should expect a bleed within the next couple of days or so?  Used the Utrogestan on nights 15-26 of my cycle (with patches, soon to try gel). 

Hurdity

Re: Just finished first course of Utrogestan.....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »

When you get a bleed will be individual to you. Mine always were 2-3 days after stopping ie on the third day following the last dose. However this time for the first time I started bleeding 8 hours after the missed dose ie in the following morning which was odd as has never happened! I will keep an eye on it in case it means thickeneing or my small fibroid has got bigger.

If you are still peri-menopausal it could well be unpredictable but otherwise hopefully it will always come at a predictable time for you as with Stelljane and me until recently!

Hurdity  x

Liz

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 10:48:13 AM »

Hi Stellajane - I found it OK, boobs were a bit sore and it certainly made me tired, feeling a bit bloated so possibly bleed will be here soon.  To be honest, I won't be sorry as it may take the bloating/sore boobies away.

Do you find it OK?

Thanks Hurdity - that's useful.  I think I've got a touch of thrush now, unfortunately, which I'm wondering is hormonal.  Always been a sufferer, especially before periods, and am just hoping that the HRT doesn't make it worse.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 01:17:32 PM »

I find sometimes using it vaginally begins to give me thrush - or those type of symptoms ie itching at top of upper labia (external)  but whenever I feel that start happening I put Canesten on or some anti-fungal foot powder and it does the trick.

Hurdity x

Liz

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 02:13:08 PM »

Thanks Hurdity - I haven't tried using it vaginally, using the oral way.

Funnily enough, I'm hoping the Canesten I used earlier stops it in its tracks...... I never find the Diflucan helps very much.