Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spotting  (Read 6510 times)

Tigger99

Spotting
« on: October 03, 2014, 02:33:46 PM »

Hi All.
Well I went back to the Dr's for reassurance as to my constant spotting and again she just said to keep an eye on it! I did mention could it be a sympton of something sinister, I think I have been googling too much and she just said no, but how can she tell? I feel like I am going mad and want to scream at her but I don't think that would be appropriate, lol.
When others ladies on here have had spotting did it happen every day? Mine started a week after my last period stopped and lasted 4 days, stopped for 4 days and has now started again. It is usually only on the paper when I wipe and I don't need to use sanitary protection. My period is not due for another 5 days and this has happened 2 times before in the past 15 months. Do you think this is why the Dr is not bothered?
I think I am just fustrated and want an answer. My smear test from 5 months ago was all clear and she felt my stomach and said everything was fine.
I guess I am just going to have to put up with it  :-\

honeybun

Re: Spotting
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »

Breakthrough bleeding is only usually investigated if you have been period free for a year.
Before that if you are peri then unfortunately it's very common.

Sorry are you on HRT, I can't remember if you have said before.

You could consider a coil and that would stop it.

Before I went on HRT my periods were all over the place. Nothing for weeks then flooding, spotting and then nothing again.

Your GP is right as in its not unusual at all.

Honeyb
x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 03:14:22 PM »

It sounds to me as though you are in very early peri menopause.
I'm afraid when I started to be peri menopausal I got symptoms just like yours.  My periods were all over the place - sometimes spotting for days - brown discharge etc. Long gaps between my periods etc.  I was in my mid 30s and didn't have a clue what was going on - I kept hoping I was pregnant but sadly I wasn't. When I was 36 my GP sent me for a D&C, then my periods stopped completely for 3 months, they then did blood tests and declared I was menopausal!!!  My mother then told me her periods had stopped in her 30s - thanks for that Mum!!!! I was told to take HRT by my GP and stayed on it for the next 15 years.  I had a break for 3 years (49-53) but went back on HRT for another 4years because life was so stressful I needed to get some sleep and have my body temperature vaguely under control.
I don't know how old you are but it all sounds very normal to me.  Do read up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen - it's good to be clued up.
DG xxx

caz24

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 08:35:32 PM »

Tiger99

I agree that this is typical of peri symptoms. I have had the same experience plus the flooding and periods all over the place. I think it depends on your GP, mine referred me for a scan and and now waiting to see the gynae, just to be on the safe side, although she thinks that everything is down to the peri. Looking through older posts on here some GP's have the same opinion as yours whilst others the same as mine! Try not to worry but I know that it is really annoying xx

Tigger99

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 08:58:20 AM »

Hi Ladies

Thank you for your replies, I feel reassured and not worried any more. I am going to keep a diary and see how it goes. I am not on HRT and don't feel I need to be at this time as I haven't really suffered with any other symptons. I have had some hot flushes, usually when I am at work and my ears get really hot first and then I go quite red in the face but me and the girls always have a laugh about it. I have had 1 incidence of flooding and it wasn't nice! I think you are right Dancinggirl and I am in the early stages.
Once again thanks for your words of wisdom  :)

Jane44

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 10:11:27 PM »

Hi there this exact thing has happened to me too it reAlly  freaked me out try nots to worry just keep an eye on it as they say !! I think it's due to fluctuating hormones it will stop eventually .

Machair

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 03:12:54 PM »

I have this too- many days of yellow/brown loss - no need for a liner really before a period finally arrives always very delayed. It is like it is trying to start but can't.

Tigger99

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 11:17:21 AM »

Well went back to the Dr's again as I am sure constant spotting is not right. Well I saw a really lovely Dr who examined me and said that my cervix looked fine but that I had a small tear, she did give it a fancy name. Apparently I need to have it cauterized so she has refered me to my local hospital.
I was just wondering if anyone else had had this and how long it took?
Thanks in advance ladies.  :)

libby1

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »

Hi Tigger

Did she say it was an ectropion?

Libby
x

Tigger99

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 12:24:12 PM »

Hi Libby

I am not sure but I think it began with an E, lol. I did ask if it was cancer and she said no and it use to be a procdure that could be done in the surgery but they were no longer allowed to have the cauterization sticks (the ones they use for babies belly buttons) in the surgery which is why I have to go to the hospital.

libby1

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 01:59:30 PM »

Sounds like nothing to worry about which is the main thing  :)

Libby
x

Tigger99

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 03:14:53 PM »

Yes that's what I thought but I am still worrying, lol  :)

Claireylou

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 03:36:41 PM »

Hi there,

Could it be a cervical erosion ?  I had one of these cauterised at my local hospital. It took seconds to do. I found it almost painless, just a tiny bit "stingy" for a very brief few seconds. I wouldn't hesitate to have it done again and believe me I'm the worlds biggest wuss when it comes to anything like this.

Hope this helps [img]

Best wishes xx

Tigger99

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 08:21:39 AM »

I think that might be correct Claireylou. What symptons did you have if you don't mind me asking?

Claireylou

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 09:35:12 AM »

Hi there,

I just had a few spots of blood after intercourse and now and again throughout the month. Apparently they're quite common and harmless. Never had a problem since cauterisation.

Take care xx
Pages: [1] 2