Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sore feet :-[  (Read 5472 times)

kiltgirl

Sore feet :-[
« on: October 03, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »

Hello ladies,

was wondering if it's peri that's affecting my poor feet..

I'm only 45 but recently my feet and calves have been so painful I hobble around like an old woman...I have been to a 'chripody shop'...can't afford a proper consultation but the assistant got me to walk up and down in my bare feet and said I had v high arches that fall as i put weight on them (quite a bit of weight mind but losing it)

I have pain in my hands and neck too...

I restarted Evorel Sequi last week, stopped it as I was feeling anxious on the estrogen-only weeks, although I might not have given it time to kick in properly...am not very good at tolerating meds, maybe I need to go through that pain barrier, although this morning I woke v early again and had to scream into my pillow a couple of times as i felt I was going to explode...luckily my daughter was at her dad's last night... :'(

My brain is so fuzzy I can't figure out if I'm anxious because of the pain in my feet, or because of the estrogen, or because I'm so incredibly ditzy. I've embarrassed myself so many times in the last month in the shop...freaking out because i thought I'd lost my purse when i'd only just taken it out of my bag a minute earlier, having my card declined when I'd already just taken the cash out of my account to pay for the shopping (same shopping trip) sweating and jibbering like a loon while the check-out woman have me that smile that suggested she knew exactly what was going on with me.

Sorry went off on a tangent...feet...anyone else?

babyjane

Re: Sore feet :-[
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »

Hi kiltgirl, yes, and the rest of it. I have pain in the balls of my feet just at the moment and my husband has taken over walking the dog.

As for the fuzzy head and jibbering join the club, I have been doing that for quite some time.

Re your shopping trip, I used to think I was heading into early alzheimers until I started reading this forum and realised that if I was then there was an awful lot of women of a similar age also heading there  :)

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 10:45:53 AM »

Fitflops have good range of mules & shoes. I have toe thong sandals, helped my legs & feet heaps. I suffered with plantar fasciitis & after 2/3 weeks pain was gone.

Also found another pair of shoes which are bliss for soles of your feet. Memory foam Skechers. I recommended them to a friend, who bought them for walking round London on holiday. She also said best shoes she's ever bought, so much so she's buying a second pair.

As for shopping trip, I do some right silly things these days.  I feel so thick & I know I'm not that thick. I'm sure shop assistants think I'm just a dithering wifey. I'm not a ditherer, just having an attack of meno brain.  ;D

kiltgirl

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 11:05:15 AM »

thank you for your replies, babyjane yes thank heaven for this site, seriously would think I was going insane if it weren't for the experiences of other women.
cubagirl thank you too, I can't get my flipper-like wide feet into fitflops, although it seems i always miss the shops when they have good stock in...will have a look into the memory foam shoes, anything to stop this pain, my tendons hurt to touch at the end of the day...how come i see women the same age as me trotting around in heels...can't imagine it aargh! x

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »

I used to wear heels no problem, now a kitten heel is about as high as I can manage. Once a year we go to a Ball through hubby's work. Usually wear heels, next time I'm thinking of buying fancy flats.

LizeeeH

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 12:21:40 PM »

Yes I have horrible pain in my feet.....managed to get an xray and was told its osteoarthritis :(

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 12:23:57 PM »

Thoughts of early Alzheimer's I can relate to as well plus the horrible anxiety relating to health and life in general.  Digestive issues, gynae issues .... you name it, it's been a problem!

S x

See, I told you we were separated at birth, don't need Davina and Nicky to work that one out  ;)

Oh, and I have just found out how to 'quote'  :clapping:

kiltgirl

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »

so glad i didn't know about all the stuff that can go wrong in meno when i was younger, would have been terrifying! or maybe i'd have taken better care of myself lol

Yes I have horrible pain in my feet.....managed to get an xray and was told its osteoarthritis :(

LizeeeH am so sorry to hear this, I hope they can do something for you to ease the symptoms?
 :hug:

Scampi

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »

I have painful feet too, but I have psoriatic arthritis, so there's a good chance that's the main cause.  When mine are bad, I', happiest wearing Crocs (original 'clog' type - not the fancy things they've come up with since!).  I find they support where needed, cushion nicely when walking and allow my feet (flat since my early teens) to spread as they want!

I also like 'Hotter' footwear - more suitable for work!

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »

me to Lizeeeh, I have a bunion and halux limitus which means my big toe joint is rigid due to OA. I have orthotics in my shoes which does help but if I walk too much and too long it gets painful. I sympathise.

I don't know about you but I find it really helps when I know someone else has a problem the same as mine. It seems to make the anxiety less which is why I am so grateful for this forum. I spend far too long on the laptop now and usually end with a headache but feel calmer in myself after sharing experiences.

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 12:32:01 PM »

Scampi we posted together so I will add a PS

Hotter shoes are the only ones I wear now. They are expensive so I make do with a pair of winter shoes, a pair of boots a pair of trainers and a pair of summer shoes but I love them as they easily take my orthotics which many other styles don't  :)

Oh. and I now have a pair of Hotter wedding shoes  :)

meno lesley

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 01:45:22 PM »

Hi

Could've written your post, have had a problem with feet since meno symptoms kicked in. Have swapped around hrts a lot in the last 4 years but currently take Estrogel and utrogestan. I get weird fuzzy heads as you describe but when reducing hrt my head goes completely bonkers. For me I'm sure it's hormone related as feet and head come and go.

Lesley x

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »

Yes sparkle, even down to the dodgy eyes  :o (that's my dodgy eyes)  ;) (and that)  ;D

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »

:-X

kiltgirl

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 04:12:14 PM »

haha, is all good  ;D

so good to know it's 'just a phase', a friend of mine has just had an op on her foot for plantar facilitis (can't spell), poor woman has been on crutches, in a wheelchair for months, would be a nightmare to get to that stage, I live on the 2nd floor with my very perky 7 year old daughter!

like the name change too celtic lady... :)
Pages: [1] 2