Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bucket List.  (Read 8433 times)

Ju Ju

Bucket List.
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:18:10 AM »

My husband has asked me to write a bucket list and I'm stumped.

When I was young I had a wish list. I wanted to have a happy, fulfilling marriage, lovely children and to live in a place where I feel at peace. Ticked all that! But there is nothing I can think of that I have to do or have, only vague ideas of places that would be pleasant to visit. Oh and just a fun thought, I would love to own a pair of beautiful and comfortable pair of red shoes that fit my very very narrow feet!

What about other people?

babyjane

Re: Bucket List.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 08:37:59 AM »

I like this thread, I will have a think as my brain doesn't really kick in till mid morning  :)

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 09:08:10 AM »

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 11:02:16 AM »

Well on my original list I said a Hot Air Balloon flight over plains of Africa, that was before several balloon accidents. So that's off the list now. I did go on a tethered balloon at Downtown Disney, so that'll do.  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 01:08:38 PM »

I had a balloon flight for my 50th - surprise pressie. I really loved it. Being up there was fab but taking off coming down was the scary bit!!

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 01:23:55 PM »

Still the same as before. A VW camper and just drive off.

Still the same reasons as before, too many commitments.

Honeyb
x

dulciana

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »

A house and a garden, instead of a flat (even though it's on two floors)
A complete new wardrobe
Visit to Paris
Visit to Austrian Alps
Various musical hopes and aspirations that are so important to me that I daren't share them
Daughter and boyfriend tying the knot

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 08:38:50 PM »

Thanks, I've got something to put on my bucket list! Pass Grade 8 singing well and having the skill to sing in public on my own.

Ju Ju

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »

I sang one of my Grade 3 pieces to my choir this week and made some of them have watery eyes, because of the emotion of the song, not because the singing was so awful! I love performing, but have a lot to learn.

dulciana

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »

Fantastic, Ju Ju - aim high and go for it!!   And really glad to hear about your recent success!
D.

littleminnie

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »

Mine is just places I would like to go on holiday.

Lake Garda
Miami
Chicago
Canada
San Francisco.

babyjane

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »

I would just really love to be able to sing, anything, and in tune  :( Ju Ju it sounds as though you have a gift.

littleminnie our daughter and new husband had their honeymoon in Lake Garda. The photos are really beautiful and make us want to go there.

So back to the thread - bucket list - learn to sing and see Lake Garda perhaps  :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 12:34:27 PM »

I always knew I had it, but needed lessons to find it! Took several years to get to this point, but have had a lot of support. Other choir members have taken my lead. One, age 71, is taking her Grade 1. She was told she couldn't sing when she was a child. She has a gorgeous voice, velvety and rich.

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 01:02:56 PM »

Ju ju that gave me goose bumps. I was told I couldn't sing as a child too, by parents and at school so I just grew up believing it. I do have a pitch problem as when I took my piano exams I always fell down on the bit where you have to sing a note or a chord played. I just couldn't pitch it  :(

If I had the money for lessons I would try again, all credit to the 71 year old lady.

Ju Ju

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »

Everyone has weaknesses, but you get better. I struggle with timing and how long to hold a note. I can't roll my Rs, but I'm not sure I ever will. I can't whistle either! I think those are things you either do or you can't. Yes, lessons do cost, but I've put it up there as an essential like eating!!! Even more important than shoes!
Pages: [1] 2