Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Your forum name  (Read 21847 times)

honeybun

Re: Your forum name
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2014, 06:58:58 PM »

Well I guess it's what she is used to and living in Germany will have helped. They have been there for 25 years. I could not believe it when they chose her name. Totally different, and not in a good way.

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »

Its a popular name in France and Germany HB

The name derives from the orphic god "Fannes", the creator of the world in the ancient Greek mythology. The word means "bright" in Greek.

honeybun

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2014, 07:16:52 PM »

I know, but they were living in England at the time  ;D

Good job they moved really.

Honeyb
x

purplenanny

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2014, 09:50:02 PM »

Mine name was once a nick name. Purplenanny, I thought your name might be a nod to that lovely poem about growing old disgracefully and wearing purple! Can't remember the title.

Yes I know the poem ju ju. There was once a lady called MrsPurple on the forum and she posted it. Meno brain will not allow me to remember what it's called though !

purplenanny

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2014, 09:51:56 PM »

I am loving the fairy names. Are you putting your real or forum names in?

babyjane

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2014, 09:37:17 AM »

I wanted to take the (was babyjane) out of my new username as it looks clumsy with both but I can't as apparently the username celtic lady has already been taken  :(

Might just go back to babyjane, feel more like a baby than a lady today anyway  :-\
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:40:32 AM by celtic lady (was babyjane) »

Joyce

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »

Aw that's a shame bj. Wasn't meant to be. Maybe think of something else further down the line then.

babyjane

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2014, 12:44:40 PM »

maybe cubagirl, but I guess babyjane is me after all  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »

As an aside - when you log in, do you do it for an hour, a day, a month etc.?  I usually 'do' a week  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2014, 11:33:12 AM »

I leave it logged in on my laptop so I can pop in and out but if I use my husband's I just do it for an hour so it logs itself out if I forget.

I will log it out when we go away on Saturday though.

Hattie

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2014, 12:16:27 PM »

As an aside - when you log in, do you do it for an hour, a day, a month etc.?  I usually 'do' a week  ;)

too much of an aside - new thread needed i think CLKD   ;) 

oldsheep

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2014, 04:22:40 PM »

when I became menopausal, I said to my french friend that I was now a "vieille brebis" (old ewe), and the brebis bit stuck. I have short curly hair too. Ergo old sheep.
Baaaaa everyone! x

purplenanny

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2014, 04:39:32 PM »

Limpy

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2014, 05:44:39 PM »

Deeply impressed Oldsheep

oldsheep

« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2014, 06:07:54 PM »

thank you!  ;D
It's got so bad I always take photos of the woolly les Filles (the girls) when I'm down in the Baaasque Country. There are an awful lot of les filles around too. Looks like Wales, but with better weather and swimmable beaches (guess where I'd rather be  ::))

When we lived there, I once got out of the car and tried to move a group of about 20 ewes from one field to the next as they were blocking the road. The local french motorists just sat in their cars and hooted...sheep ignored them. This went on for more than 10 mins so I got out. The leader of the pack, a mean looking brebis, eyeballed me, then let fly with 'stuff' all over my shoes. I gathered that (a) they wanted to move to the neighbouring field on the other side of the road; and (b) that that field didn't belong to their owner.
So I thought BOF (that's a french noise accompanied by a shoulder shrug) and just opened the 'wrong' gate for them and they dutifully trotted in. Traffic starts moving again.
A Monsieur Motorist then rages at me.."Madame, il faut controller vos brebis!"  - Madame, you must control your sheep!
Me: "elles ne sont pas mes brebis, monsieur"  - they aren't my sheep mate!
The farmer turned up about 5 mins later and was most amused that an 'anglaise' had let them (again....it seemed) into her neighbour's field.
Don't know how well this tells as a story, but it was funny at the time  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6