Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to gain weight?  (Read 6289 times)

Millykin

How to gain weight?
« on: October 01, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »

Sorry I know a lot of you are trying to loose weight!
I'm trying to put it on, I'm 5ft 3 weigh 7st 11 and feel I need to gain weight. Have always been slim but feel since peri memo I need to plump my face a bit! I eat anything in sight always have done but can easily loose few pounds in a day when anxious. My poor husband and one daughter are the opposite they look at food and put it on, both look great are at gym and watch their diets so I feel bad when I stuff my face and they are there but they know I need to put it on, anyone any tips on how to gain weight? Everyone always said when I hit 40 I'll be sorry it will catch up on me, still waiting at 44   :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How to gain weight?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 03:41:38 PM »

You sound 'about right' to me.  If you are worried about how you look, why not get your DH/daughter to treat you to a session at a salon or one of those beauty counters in domelike John Lewis?  Have a 'make over' so that you can use make-up to give the appearance of a plumped up complexion?

Exercise can help.  Builds muscle.  Also, in the last 6 months my belly has 'gone' lax - always light boned with a firm torso, laxity caused by lack of oestrogen (and exercise  ::) ) has finally 'let go' of my belly.

Nice to have you on board!

tiger74

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:18:32 PM »

Your BMI is 19.3 which is in the healthy range.  So why do you feel the "need to put it on"?

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »

Hi
Just feel I need to get to 8 St. I was always that weight but lost few lbs due to few stress issues at start of peri meno. Can loose it so quick but find it can take months to even gain a pound eating everything! No one has any concern about my weight I just feel a bit healthier at 8st. My brother has same problem. Some say we are lucky.
Millykin x

jules55

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:51:17 PM »

Hi  All my life I've wanted to put weight on, I could never get above 7 '5 and if I had a stomach bug I could lose a stone in a night!! Now at the age of 55 and going through the menopause my weight has gone up to 8,9! I've gone from a size 8 to a 10.The only trouble is, it seems to have rested around my middle, and I'm quite slim everywhere else. . Try not to worry too much though. You could try using weights and that will build you up too aswell. It's nice to know that  I'm not the only one who isn't on a diet 😊 xx Jules55

tiger74

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 08:38:43 AM »

Hi

Yep, the trouble with gaining weight is that it may not always go onto the bits of your body where you want it to go.  I think sometimes people find the same with weight-loss - they want to shift the pounds from around their middle/hips and it all comes off their face or breasts.

I've never needed to be been on a weight-related diet either.  My weight (54kg/5' 1") has hardly changed for all my adult life despite various health issues including thyroid disease.  I honestly think that a big factor in my weight stability is just down to genetics as my mum's weight has never changed much either.   

Millykin, I don't want to belittle your wish to put on weight.  I can see it's important to you.  Are you able to consult a qualified nutritionist for advice?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:42:02 AM by tiger74 »

Rowan

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 08:56:09 AM »

I would look into facial fillers, they can have a subtle but very natural and pleasing effect Millykin, this way you can plump your face without worrying about putting on weight.

Make sure you go to a reputable operator who has been trained, nurses are best.

Millykin

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 09:49:52 AM »

Hi Ladies
thanks for replies. Its not a major issue for me just feel a bit healthier at 8st and any weight i gain or loose seems to be at face.  I'm lucky i know being able to eat what and when i want. GP  said I'm really healthy weight I eat the right things and yes just genetic make up, grandparents, parents, siblings are slim. I'm 44 and look under 40 no lines or anything yet, so fillers are a no no for now, another good genetic thing, sister is 42 and looks about 30, brother 38 and just looks like a boy lol. My oldest daughter is just like me slim 24 and always getting ID for looking 16! I'm a year older than my husband but people that don't know us think hes got a younger wife and tease him! I was 20 when i had my first daughter but when people see us together and find out she is 24 i get funny looks or asked what age where you when you had her. Maybe ill go to the gym with husband and daughter do a bit of weights build up that way and get a bit fitter too! Sitting here stuffing my face with chocolate as i write this.
Thanks again for replies.
Millykin X

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 02:16:41 PM »

Explain how you feel 'healthier' when heavier?  Is it that your body is hungry now and you feel nauseous: weak/light headed ………… which is me when I'm not eating enough  ::).  Chocolate is a good food, minerals as well as being comfort food.  I used to walk a lot and ate lots of chocolate bars over the years  ;)

I expect that as you age you will gain weight, probably where you don't want it to land  ::)

Millykin

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »

Hi CLKD
Ye sounds strange i feel healthier a few pounds heavier, what i mean is i feel skinny, a bit bony, ribs, hips and when I'm a few pounds heavier i feel like I've an extra layer of fat helps. I feel like my body is craving food constantly but don't always want to eat. Probably rambling on here not making sense :-\
And yes it will probably happen and land up on all wrong places. Hey ho  :cupcake: for after dinner!

Millykin

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 06:45:02 PM »

Update to anyone who read my post on trying to gain weight. Well it's 4 weeks later have been eating usual 3 meals with little extras and been feeling good so weighed myself and I am now 8st 1lb ! So I've put on 4lbs. I really feel fantastic for it and hope to keep it on, didn't think I would ever get past 8 mark but been busy with decorating, anxiety at bay for now and HRT agreeing. Go me!
X

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »

Go Girl!

Ju Ju

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 08:08:13 PM »

I'm losing weight and I'm not trying to, though I think gallstones may be responsible. I have to follow a low fat diet, but I didn't have a high fat diet anyway, so I haven't changed much. I weighed 8 stone 4 today. I am 5 foot 7, but I don't think I look unhealthily thin. (Hubbie thinks I look great). When I was 21, I was a stone heavier.

Millykin

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 08:57:50 PM »

Funny you should mention gallbladder since I've upd food intake a little I've Ben getting what I call slight jaggy feeling now and again centre but to left slightly under rib cage, I think I mentioned that on one of your posts sparkle?
X

Millykin

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 09:04:04 PM »

Mmm taking oemprozole just now for past 3 weeks it's helping I think or maybe just coincidence but I'll mention to GP next visit, x
Pages: [1] 2