Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sweating/hot flushes  (Read 2958 times)

Liz

Sweating/hot flushes
« on: October 01, 2014, 12:46:03 PM »

Hi all - I'm a bit confused.  I've experienced hot flushes before but more often, suffer from more general sweating...... anti-perspirants not working as well, feeling damp under my arms, etc.  Is this part of the problem with peri-menopause, rather than just the sudden "hot flushes"? 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sweating/hot flushes
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 01:01:42 PM »

Yep.  I also developed a 'whiff' ....... DH said he couldn't smell me but even now on odd warm days, I can  :-X

What 1 requires is an anti-perspirant rather than a deoderant - does what it says on the tin  ;) ......... I use the former, let it dry, the waft baby talc under my arms .......... also some types of material can draw sweat so I am careful what I wear ........

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »

I don't like anti perspirants, it doesn't seem natural to me as the body uses perspiration to cool itself. I use a natural deodorant - Toms of Maine - that works by neutralising the odour causing bacteria without stopping you perspiring. No one has ever indicated that I pong  :)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »

Thanks Babyjane!

Liz

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »

Thanks to both of you - it seems general sweating and feeling more "warm" than usual is another symptom as well as the hot flushes.  Having said that I had a flush earlier and I've been on the patches for 4 days now, so think it's early days.  Mind you, it is very warm today. ;)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 09:29:41 PM »

Whilst on holiday I barely noticed my flushes. Outside temps were low/mid 30s celcius. Probably because I was so hot all the time, pool was handy.  ;)

I tend to get very hot legs, especially at night. However, I do remember a few years back having horrid sweats. It takes time for body to adjust to HRT. Hope you feel more comfortable soon.

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 10:53:46 PM »

I get sweaty tits eeeww sounds disgusting.
I smell more strongly when I flush and sweat.
The sweat can work it's way into my clothes so sometimes I have to spray vinegar under the arms before putting in the washer.
Sometimes sweat trickles out of my hair, which can make me look like a druggie clucking for their next hit.
It's always breats and above that sweats and heats up when I get flushes, oh, and menopause can bring on really pongy trainers, so I have to put bicarb in them overnight to deodorise them.
pooooooooo!!!!

Liz

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 06:55:46 AM »

Well, I was so hot in bed last night.  It was a very warm night anyway, but I was roasting.  Hope the patches do their job soon, before I fry! :)

Liz

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »

Had a few hot flushes this morning (after a night of waking up feeling very hot!)...... it's day 6 of the patches.  Should I be seeing an improvement soon?  Just a bit worried they aren't going to work....