Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Changing HRT sequence?  (Read 2507 times)

kiltgirl

Changing HRT sequence?
« on: October 03, 2014, 11:31:29 AM »

Hi there...was wondering if changing the sequence of my Evorel Sequi patches might help with anxiety?

I understand that I wouldn't be able to use progesterone all of the time as I still have (irregular) periods, but would it really be a bad thing to do to maybe use the Conti patches 3 weeks and the estrogen only patch for 1 week...would that still give a bleed.
The reason I'm asking is that I felt a lot calmer on the Conti patches, ie 2nd fortnight...

or is that just a crazy idea?
I'm cutting my patches in half, just started them again after ripping the estrogen patch off in the middle of the night a while back as I felt i was losing it with anxiety.

thanks, any advice welcome :)

kiltgirl

Re: Changing HRT sequence?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 12:35:04 PM »

ooh thanks for this info Stellajane...will do a printout and take it to my new GP, she's so lovely she made me nearly cry last time I saw her, old GP would do bloods and say, nah you're fine...this one goes by symptoms and cycles...she's a gem! x

kiltgirl

Re: Changing HRT sequence?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »

yes I've been thinking it may be just progesterone that I need...I know that estrogen fluctuates a lot during peri...maybe the highs are too much to cope with!

could a deficiency in progesterone cause me to have tendon/joint pains and flushes too?

I was told my estradiol was normal, but at the low end...but my cycles had gotten much longer after a few months of being crazily close together. Am thinking I'd like to pay for some private bloods to be done, to give a bigger picture, although I'm a single parent and always skint, would be so lovely to know exactly what is going on for a change! x