Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bit of a strange question, I know......  (Read 5397 times)

Liz

Re: Bit of a strange question, I know......
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 07:47:19 PM »

Thanks Hurdity!  The patches I have left (6) have November expiry on them, so I thought it better to use them first?  I'm keeping an open mind re. the gel/patches.  I do like the patches, but they just seem to rub on my clothes whilst walking. 

Thanks for the Progesterone advice as well.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 09:15:07 PM »

Hi Liz
Re the Oestrogel: I thought the leaflets suggested either arms or inner thighs??!!!
I personally didn't like putting it on my arms as I felt it rubbed off on my body more - especially my breasts which I didn't like - I had to hold my arms away from my body while it dried. 
I would start with one pump per day as you may find in the peri stage that this will be enough.  As Hurdity suggested I would keep to your existing Utrogestan dose. 
The beauty of Oestrogel is that you can increase gradually till you feel you have enough to keep your symptoms under control.  However, do keep in mind that while you are peri  (and you can be in this stage for some years) your hormone levels will fluctuate and gradually drop so the meno symptoms may still effect the way you feel from time to time.
I didn't increase my doses of Oestrogel till my mid 40s when I knew I had slipped into post meno (I was peri meno from my mid 30s).
I used to always apply the gel in the morning after a shower and while I put on my make up, shorted out what I wanted to wear etc. the 10 or so minutes were up and the gel had dried. I would often lie on the bed enjoying a cup of tea while it fired as well - as good way to start the day.   
Why not start tomorrow - you going to feel much better really soon.   Dg x

Liz

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 06:53:36 AM »

Sorry, Dg! I missed the bit about the inner thighs - good job you're on the ball! ;)

Thanks for the info regarding your dosage - I think I'll start with 1 pump and see how I go.  I wasn't sure whether to start today as I've got 6 Estradot patches left.  I think these are working too, but it's just the fact that I don't seem to be able to keep them stuck down that was a pain.  Looking forward to trying the gel - would you use the 6 patches first before starting it??

Think I'll try the inner thigh too.  Do you literally just spread it over the area?  I've read the leaflet (this time properly!) and it says to just spread it, rather than rub it in?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 07:33:33 AM »

I'd start straight away and keep the patches as a fall back.  Yes, the gel just spreads on the skin - you don't need to rub it in - it dries off and absorbs over the next couple of hours. Just give it about 10 mins to dry off before getting dressed.   DG x
Pages: 1 [2]