Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: anyone found taking Menopace has helped them  (Read 5029 times)

pj44

anyone found taking Menopace has helped them
« on: September 30, 2014, 12:32:32 PM »

Hi. Just wondered if anyone has taken menopace and found it has helped them with feeling hot and generally run down. Im 53 not had a period now for nearly a year. Think im over the worst with anxiety and mental problems. But i still feel like im going to have a period most months. I dont sleep well, thou i have to say i have not slept well for over 25 years. I just feel run down like my body fighting a cold but i dont get a full blown cold.
 Thinking these might help.

Dancinggirl

Re: anyone found taking Menopace has helped them
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »

Menopace is a good all round vitamin supplement but I haven't found it reduces any menopause symptoms but is good to take to help maintain good health. It sound as though you need some vitamins.  Have you tried Nytol to help with sleeping - not to take all the time as it will stop working but just now and again?
DG x

starfish

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 01:33:31 PM »

Hi,

I've found Menopace Night quite good - it has small amounts of 5HTP, hops and chamomile in as well as the vits and minerals and I think I do sleep better for it on the whole.

Hope it helps (whatever variety) if you try it.

Starfish x

pj44

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »

Have tried the herbal nytol. I did not know you could get a night time one. I will see if they have that one in the chemist. Thanks

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 03:50:14 PM »

You get Nytol from the pharmacist counter.  It has an antihistermine in it which can really help with sleep.  You can't use it all the time though as your body gets used to it.  I tend to use it a couple of times week to help give me a really good night.  Nytol comes in 'one a night' or 'two a night' doses.  The 'one a night' version is stronger. Get the 2 tablets per night version and try just taking one tablet half an hour before bed - you may find this is enough.
Do make sure your bedroom is really dark and don't use TVs or computers in the bedroom either.  Hot shower before bed is good.
Sweet dreams   Dg x

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »

I took it for a bit, it helped, but I stopped, because my flushes and sweats sometimes leave me alone for anything from a day to a few weeks, and when I was taking the menopace, I put the fact that my flushes and sweats would have stopped anyway due to fluctuation. So, it may work, I saw this thread earlier and had one with my dinner, no joy yet, but I have been exerting myself a lot.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 09:21:07 PM »

Menopace has a small amount of isoflavones in it which are estrogenic. Isoflavones are supposed to help reduce flushes but I think you need to take higher amounts everyday for a few weeks to feel any difference. My research into the benefits of isoflavones did encourage me to start taking not just Menopace but additional Red Clover and increase the amount of soya I consumed.  Apparently it can help the bones and heart, which is why I am taking these supplements, but I'm afraid I haven't had any reduction in flushes.
Through the peri menopause stage women often feel that some herbs etc. are helping their flushes and it may work for some but it is very difficult to know whether it is these herbs, isoflavones or remedies that are working or simply your own hormones fluctuating.
As I said before, Menopace is a good general vitamin supplement to support your general health throughout menopause and beyond but I wouldn't expect it to necessarily reduce meno symptoms. If you are healthier then you may cope with the symptoms better. DG x

pj44

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 10:50:44 PM »

Thanks everyone for replies. Think i might just get the red clover. Try soya milk too. I have to be careful what i take as i have IBS. I just dont seem to be able to tolerate anything new.