Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: early morning waking?  (Read 4126 times)

jess

early morning waking?
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:18:36 AM »

Is this because of meno or just old age? I used to be able to lay in and go back to sleep until the alarm went off or I wanted to get up. No more. I now wake before 6 every morning and am wide awake, despite laying there and trying desperately to go back to sleep. Its not because of any symptom other than my brain just switching on. I sleep fairly soundly and get off ok when I go to bed. I just can't understand why this Is happening and I long for a lay in!    :-\

Joyce

Re: early morning waking?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 09:01:10 AM »

You & me both jess. I thought maybe this morning, but no. Mind you not helped by hubby smashing a glass at 6am.  I'm lucky if I get a long lie once a month. I struggle getting to sleep too, so end up with about 4 hours most nights.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 09:09:08 AM »

Yep, early morning waking is definitely part of the meno.  I have made blackout blinds for my windows to help fool my body into thinking it is still nighttime and this helps a bit.
In mid summer I was wide awake from 4am listening the birds!
Dg x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 01:48:05 PM »

Yes definitely part of meno. Look at the total hours you are asleep. I used to wake up five hours after I went to sleep which, if I went to bed at 11 was obviously 4 and too early. Now I go to bed at 1 and wake up at 6 which is a good getting up time for me. I do wake up every half hour through the night though but can go back to sleep.

Taz x

jess

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 04:02:02 PM »

My husbands snoring doesn't help! My friend has given me some temazipam tablets, might take one of those. Can't remember last time I slept past 6 am. I think I am getting at least 6 hours a night....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 05:10:57 PM »

Early morning wakening is a classic depression symptom.

However: 6.00 a.m. should be do-able? dependant on what time your alarm clock goes off? 

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »

I'd say 6 hours isn't too bad if I'm honest. I'd love 6 hours.  :)

Also would never take something prescribed for someone else, big no-no.

My husband snores terribly, solution, sleep in another room.  Sofa even if you don't have a spare room.

I'm not depressed, just fed up at not sleeping!

Melbury

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 05:19:07 PM »

My husbands snoring doesn't help! My friend has given me some temazipam tablets, might take one of those. Can't remember last time I slept past 6 am. I think I am getting at least 6 hours a night....

Luxury :) - I would love to get 6 hours sleep a night!

Have just been on holiday and walked about 7 miles a day - quite up and down on coastal path - so thought I would definitely sleep better after that.  Did I heck, still wide awake after 3-4 hours and then struggling to try and get back to sleep for a bit longer.

Like most of you, I used to sleep like a top and don't half miss it :(

Ju Ju

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 06:53:01 PM »

I noted that both my grandparents and parents slept separately in the past, and thought how sad. Now I understand. My hubbie makes several trips to the loo in the night ( yes, he is regularly checked) then is restless, gets to sleep then starts snoring, by which time all thought of sleep has disappeared for me. I had enough trouble sleeping without such disruption. However, when I was ill at the beginning of the year, I went off to the spare room. Hubbie found he was sleeping better, and once I recovered and started HRT I did too. Now we start off together for the first part of the night, then when my hubbie goes on a loo run,  he then sleeps in the spare room, under the hungry caterpillar duvet! It works for us and I even slept through the night the other for first time for years.

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »

Oh I swore blind we'd never sleep apart. But desperation takes hold. Anything for a decent sleep. I annoyed him with my constant shushing, prodding to stop him snoring. So I started taking myself off to sleep elsewhere. I sleep so badly now that I'd drive him insane. We're both happy with the arrangement.

Melbury

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 01:08:07 PM »

Nothing wrong with sleeping apart at all if it means that you both get a good nights sleep. 

After all, it doesn't mean you don't love each other any more.

Ju Ju

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »

More energy to be loving!  ;)