Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Gynest cream.  (Read 3254 times)

rita

Gynest cream.
« on: September 28, 2014, 09:25:47 AM »

Dear ladies
I have been using Gynest Cream for the past Two nights,yesterday I had lots of bloating and wind which still hasn't passed.Trying to continue as I was fine
last year when using the Gynest pessary which as we know has been discontinued.
Hoping it will settle down, has anyone had a similar experience with the cream?

Thanks for all your support xx :)

Dancinggirl

Re: Gynest cream.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 11:36:55 AM »

It will hopefully settle down - probably your body adjusting.  Are you doing the initial daily 2 week load? If so, bloating etc is typical at first. Dg x

Morwenna

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 11:40:59 AM »

Gynest cream and the discontinued Ortho-Gynest pessary I have recently discovered are (were) manufactured by two different companies and contain completely different ingredients. I suffer from bladder issues and whereas the pessary seemed to suit me, I have had nothing but problems down below, (particularly soreness and burning) since using the cream and as a result have recently switched to Vagifem.

As far as wind and bloating goes, other ladies on this forum have reported it as a side effect at the start of local oestrogen therapy, it's not exclusive to Gynest cream though and I believe it usually settles down within a week or so.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »

Morwenna is right. I had wind and bloating for the first 3 weeks of using vagifem but that was 4 years ago and I have been fine ever since.

ellie66

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »

I had burning and stomach pains for first 3 weeks of Gynest cream. All is fine now I love either Gynesst cream or its similar mate Ovestin cream.

I would say give it 4/5 weeks before you make a decision to stop using it as everyone is slightly different.

I think its fab very soothing. I use it every other day or sometimes every day if I am wearing tight jeans that rub.

rita

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 03:11:46 PM »

Hi Ladies
Thanks for replies x

Hi, Dancingirl
Yes I'm doing the 2 week load so it will hopefully settle.x