Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Very concerned and angry.  (Read 14751 times)

honeybun

Re: Very concerned and angry.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2014, 08:05:34 PM »

Yes we are reassured. Her boyfriend is still coming to meet her for a while. She is doing a late shift on Saturday. I feel better that he will be there too. He is a big bloke  :) and although a big softie, no one would know that.

I guess the fact she never moans about anything has gone in her favour. Who would have thought working in a little shop would mean she had to come up against this kind of thing.

Honeyb
x

purplenanny

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 08:10:28 PM »

Yes, it is a great shame these people exist.
What a lovely boyfriend she has to protect her :)

Millykin

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 08:17:17 PM »

Just read this post how horrible! I used to be manageress in a small shop years ago and would never allow any staff to feel scared, I didn't have to do anything as the owners would have been on to it like a ton of bricks. I now run my own business and would never allow any staff to feel threatened by some idiot. So glad it got sorted and she has support of yourself and boyfriend, it would have been so scary for her and she wouldn't have wanted a fuss when you know her manager. The guy probably doesn't have a care in world and better for shops reputation he is not aloud back in.
Well done you for not letting your daughter let it go and letting her know she wasn't making a fuss

honeybun

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2014, 08:24:31 PM »

:thankyou:

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2014, 08:39:12 PM »

It's good that something has been sorted out.
Won't harm if her boyfriend is there on Saturday though.......

groundhog

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2014, 09:20:21 PM »

Glad that the Manager has finally acted responsibly and that your daughter feels more comfortable with the situation.
I worked in a shop when when I was about 14 ( probably illegal?? It was a sweet shop  :clapping:). Anyway this man used to follow me home - he never did anything but used to loiter.  He then used to come in and 'chat'.  I told my dad who 'had a word' lol.  He stopped following me.  Years later he was admitted to secure unit and has never come out :(
Frightening fact - some nasty weird people out there :(

Ju Ju

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2014, 09:36:02 PM »

I was followed by a creepy man, who somehow knew my name and would call out. I was in my early 20s. It all stopped, when I visited his home in the role of a Special constable, alongside full time police officers over some other matter. You should have seen his face!  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2014, 09:45:53 PM »

Nice one Ju Ju.  :)

I think we have all come across the creepy ones on occasions.

It was the knife that bothered me. The abusive drunks she can manage. Not quite sure how she does it with a smile, but she does. Anything else is a bit different.

Honeyb
x

groundhog

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »

That must have given him a well deserved shock Ju Ju!!

No a knife takes it all to a different level.  That's why the manager was so wrong.  Flaming weirdos.  My husband was in the Navy for 20 years then the Police - he often says dreads a nutter with a knife. 

Keep safe :) xxx

Joyce

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2014, 09:52:27 PM »

Great relief all round then HB!  Manager is doing the right thing now, which is the important thing.

My hubby was in police for 25 years & came across some bobby dazzlers.

Dyan

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2014, 11:31:46 PM »

Glad it's all sorted HB X

babyjane

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »

so pleased to hear of a happy outcome  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »

Maybe the Manager has asked advice from 'higher' up or had a real think about the situation.  Whatever, the Police need to be informed so that should there be further problems, they will respond more quickly.  Sometimes the Police need to build up a 'case' against persons causing trouble in order to take matters further and carrying an offensive weapon is illegal.  Even ladies how carry cans of hair-spray or a potentially sharp implement can be arrested if they can't impress that it's for self defence  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »

I think we shall have to leave it as it is CLKD. She has got a resolution to her  complaint so not much more we can do, although I do agree.

Boyfriend will be waiting for her tonight to make sure she gets to her car ok. Sounds a bit daft but she is still a bit nervous.

Hopefully this will just go away.....soon.

Honeyb
x

purplenanny

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2014, 09:31:56 PM »

Not daft at all HB, it was a horrible experience for your daughter. I think she was extremely good to go back
I hope she is ok tonight
PN x x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4