Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bucket List.  (Read 8432 times)

babyjane

Re: Bucket List.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »

I do think it is important to have something for ourselves, just for us. My husband has his gym membership and I have my pet dog. We are retired so have to consider all the costs of what we want to do very carefully and the little dog is dependent on me and getting older  :(

But we don't know what the future holds do we  :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »

No we don't know what the future holds. Following my sister's early death and my husband's retirement after 30 years in the police, we took a 6 month break from life and traveled round the world. We could ill afford to do this. We couldn't afford to get our home into a rentable condition, but our children agreed to postpone leaving home. My daughter's partner moved in and they were able to cover the mortgage and bills between them. Much cheaper than renting elsewhere. We sold our cars and camped round NZ and Australia . We are not campers. This was a trip that we were going to do 'one day'. My sister's death prompted us to do it now. We enjoy the memories.

Just had an interesting conversation with my husband. I explained I was having problems making a list. He says that that's ok as a bucket list is all about 'doing' and I am a 'being' person. He was concerned he was imposing his wishes on me and I explained I was happy to fall in with his wishes and enjoy myself.

purplenanny

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 09:40:48 PM »

Oh how I would love to own a vw camper van again. Hubby had one when we first met but we had to sell it - the big ends went and it was too costly for us to repair at the time.

We hired one some  years ago for 4 days in Oxford and it was wonderful

Sadly our dream of owning one in retirement has gone now :'(

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 09:30:50 AM »

My husband is all for living in the moment as good health in old age, or even old age itself, is not guaranteed for any of us.

However I  worry about things more than he does, I wish I didn't  :(

For now we are just enjoying having our home to ourselves and seeing our 3 grandchildren regularly as possible.

Oh, he has just recently bought his new car  :)

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 12:39:51 PM »

My bloomin anxiety gets in the way of things and I feel guilty that I also hold hubby back from the things he would like to do.
Anyway it's a work in very slow progress I hope.

Hubby never complains bless him but I'm sure he must think plenty.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 12:45:29 PM »

((honeybun))

Dyan

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 05:55:14 PM »

I like to live in the moment,whereas OH worries about retirement, although I do have a bucket list.
Whale watching
Seeing elephants in the wild to name but a few.
Pages: 1 [2]