Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: other than staying away, how not to infect someone with my cold?  (Read 9165 times)

oldsheep

Re: other than staying away, how not to infect someone with my cold?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 04:26:59 PM »

thank you Tiger. I'm back from holiday and just reading this now.
She didn't catch my cold thank goodness. I was very careful but we did eat inside on our second day there. She really wanted to see us and was fed up when I delayed visiting her for the first 24 hours. By then I'd had the cold a week. I didn't go to the cinema with her though, although she wanted to go.

Some french guy in front of me on the plane coming back last weds has passed on his cold, so I now have another one. And no sea to swim in - the salt water where we were (Atlantic ocean) was great for the nose!

I'm missing her terribly already, although we had so many laughs together. She's amazing.

tiger74

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 07:42:44 PM »

Hi - good to hear about your visit.  Spending time with friends is so important, especially when you can have such a good laugh together.

oldsheep

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »

just wanted to update you - in between her (27th) chemo treatments, she's flown to the Phillippines for 10 days with her son, who is living and working over there. She sent me a whatsapp saying 'this is your crazy friend, I'm going to Manilla tomorrow'.
I hope she's having a wonderful time. She's incredible.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 04:14:03 PM »

Making the most of Life as it is!  Pity you can't fly out to meet with her ……..
Pages: 1 [2]