Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: antidepressants  (Read 12428 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: antidepressants
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 10:27:38 AM »

:thankyou:  mummyof2

daisie

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 11:23:05 AM »

hi mummyof2 was on fluoxetine some years ago only took them for 5 days was hard trying to wake up in a morning felt comatised  was a scarey feeling hoping to try citalopram when iv got off the amitriptyline x daisie

Henrietta

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 08:16:24 PM »

I was put on Citalopram  pre hyster for perimeno anxiety, went from 10mg to 40mg and it worked quite well, since hyster i've been on HRT and am weaning myself off it - now down to less than 5mg every alternate day but it takes a while to come off it so don't rush it.

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »

Weaning yourself off  :-\ ……… the HRT or AD?

daisie

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 07:22:40 AM »

hi clio im down to 10mg what I took last night not feeling too good at moment think its the withdrawl got the panicy feeling now just hope it wears off through the day  .do you have any bad side effects while taking the both of them   x daisie

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 09:36:51 AM »

It doesn't seem like clio has any bad side effects.  Certainly my concoction once I got used to it has helped me a lot.

daisie

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »

hi clkd ..     iv picked up a bit from this morning .things do seem worst though when you  get up.... got citalopram think ill waite till im off the 10mg then take it from there im scared of having a reaction if I take both together

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 01:12:59 PM »

Of course we worry, I did - I am the World's Worst Worrier  ::)

If you take 1 drug at a time you will at least know which is helping/not.  Glad there was some improvement as the morning wore on, I'm taking it easy 2-day ..........

daisie

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2014, 10:37:38 AM »

hi clkd not took  amitriptyline last night thought id give it a miss was feeling tired any how before I went to bed got up this morning in a right state .I felt sick stomache ache running to toilet head all over the place nervous wreck  typical withdrawl finished up having to phone the doctors got  a call back told her my symptoms she thought it was withdrawl told me to start the citalopram tonight 2 hours before I go to bed .felt awfull still feeling drained at moment its slowly crept up on me I just hope citalopram does something  I know ill have to suffer side effects ill have to try and put up with them .I did mention hrt to her but I would have to go into the surgery to talk about that .don't feel like going out of the house today .before I forget does bett still come on the site not seen her name for a long time x daisie

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2014, 08:01:53 PM »

Withdrawal can be difficult and awful, but it does pass.  Have you taken the AD yet?  You may not have any side-effects …….. do you work at weekends?
Pages: 1 2 [3]