Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: If we weren't here.........  (Read 13794 times)

Ju Ju

Re: If we weren't here.........
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2014, 06:42:15 PM »

This morning I was very grumpy with hubbie. ( blame it on the progesterone cycle!) The boiler didn't come on to heat the water and I wanted a shower before my daughter delivered our grandson for the day.  The boiler is very noisy despite being in the garage. (Oil) So I investigated (trip to garage in pjs) and found the electric switch turned off. Well it wasn't me! Eventually hubbie owned up. He was in the garage talking on the phone when the boiler came on as programmed.  As stated, very noisy. Now I would have gone somewhere quieter, but not hubbie. He turned it off and forgot to turn it on again. Do men have meno moments or is he just daft?

Joyce

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2014, 06:47:19 PM »

Mine tried to claim male meno years ago. Doctor he mentioned to didn't laugh! No such thing he said. I think they have their own version.

http://chealth.canoe.ca/channel_condition_info_details.asp'disease_id=300&channel_id=8&relation_id=55661

Have to say mine has some of the symptoms.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2014, 06:53:37 PM »

At least yours owned up ………… my problem is lack of recall.

DH was planning to do some chores last week, I got on with mine - came inside to find him reading a book - he had forgotten his next set of chores.  List maybe ……….  ;D he did look sheepish though …….

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2014, 02:14:45 PM »

If I wasn't here  >:( - we 'lost' 1 of the camper keys so when DH was in it tidying I asked him to check in the passenger door - where I put the key and my mobile whilst travelling.  "not there" came the reply on Sunday evening.  I have woken several times in the night/s with a rush of anxiety because we were down to 1 key     â€¦â€¦.     so I looked myself 10 mins ago and guess where it was ………….  :beat: ………

He also found something he was searching for by moving a pile of un-read newspapers  :-X

purplenanny

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »

:bang:
How frustrating! What would they do without us!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:36:42 PM by purplenanny »

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2014, 02:51:37 PM »

He has no idea how many anxiety surges it caused  :-\  :'( ……. wish I had looked myself - note to self, DIY  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2014, 02:58:02 PM »

Apart from financial stuff I think mine would probably be fine.

When I was at mum's this morning he made wine, jointed a chicken, cut up and cubed a melon, emptied the dishwasher, put laundry to dry in the tumble dryer. Brought laundry in and sorted it and then made lunch. All without a list or being asked  ;D

Yep, pretty sure he could manage fine.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2014, 03:19:55 PM »

Deserves one of these HB  :medal:

Mine is useless at finding things which are under his nose.  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »

I actually think he was bored CG.   ;D

Honeyb x

Joyce

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »

Wish boredom had same effect on my hubby.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2014, 06:33:09 PM »

My ironing bores me Honeybun - when we head next in your direction I'll bring a pile for him  ;D
I don't do the money thing, DH keeps us 'right' ………. I would have to rely on our Financial Advisor otherwise.

honeybun

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2014, 06:47:33 PM »

He doesn't iron, but will sort and fold and put away.

I've always done the financial stuff....and I'm free.....financial advisors cost and everything has been sorted so we do it ourselves. He knows where every thing is so he would just have to work it out. He knows where the money is... ;D

He nearly had to do it a few years ago.

I remember posting on the forum years ago that I was dead. Hubby got a few letters offering condolences after his wives death. Child benefit was stopped as well as Child's Tax Credit. He and I had to call everyone and eventually get a doctor's letter to say I was still alive.
He got a bit of practice then.....I didn't like it though. It was upsetting and very bizarre.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]