Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: If we weren't here.........  (Read 13793 times)

Joyce

Re: If we weren't here.........
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »

;D ;D ;D

I now leave instructions for washing machine. One time when daughter was still in Dundee & I was babysitting,  he phoned me on my mobile to find out how to wash towels. Not as easy as you may think. I had to visualise washing machine & take him through it button by button. I was in middle of supermarket at the time.

We are irreplaceable ladies!

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 07:01:26 PM »

I get that kind of phone call all the time....from a 92 year old  ;D

I think men are really very smart. If they do a domestic chore badly then they know they won't be asked again. It's the same if they do it very slowly or it takes them ages to get around to it. They have got us sussed out ladies.  ::)

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 07:07:11 PM »

Heck, my hubby asked me how to open a mango dip bottle  tonight. I thought he was taking the Mick! Eh no. Dear goodness. I said I thought he was losing the plot! Good at his job, so far as I'm aware, but don't ask him to do anything remotely out of the ordinary.

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 07:21:45 PM »

I have to be really honest here. When it comes to fixing, sorting designing, making and just about everything else my hubby is your man.
I have spent half my life asking him to sort every thing.
Both my kids have the unshakable belief that if it's broke dad will be able to sort it....and generally he does.

Cleaning bathrooms....ummm no....sorting things.....Yep he's great and I'm not sure what I would do without him.

He teases me that some things in the house are mine until they stop working and then they are ours or his.  ;D

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 07:27:34 PM »

OH is really good at fixing things, cleaning and vacumming.
Not so hot at cooking and ironing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 07:52:27 PM »

Oh Good Thread !

DH is the DIY man - like Honeybun, mine can turn his hand to most things.  He won't get to know the laundry room however, although give him his Due, last week he emptied and re-filled the dishwasher ….. didn't want to know where the powder goes though  ;D.  He also runs the hoovery-thingy round once a week but we are both good at leaving stuff i.e. washing of floors …….. he has taken over the bedroom hygiene which leaves me the bathroom once a week, the cloak-room once a week, porch ……. we mix and match.  If it were left to him though, the bins wouldn't get put out to be emptied  ::)

He chooses holiday destinations and I go on line and pick lodgings/camp sites. 

Limpy

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 08:25:21 PM »

What is it with men and bins?
Mine never empties the ones in the house, as for putting the big ones out for the bin men.......

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 08:43:36 PM »

Mine does the bins, however putting the toilet seat down seems to be a bit beyond him. It must be very hard for our poor men  :D

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »

I have trained mine about toilet seat. Very occasionally it's up, but hubby pretty good at putting  it down, though I wish he'd clean up the splash back.  ;D ;D ;D

groundhog

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 10:45:23 PM »

Shutting cupboard doors ........opens a door to get something out and leaves it open - annoying.  Grape stalks - find them everywhere.  Pyjamas - on floor.   He is now banned to the garden to cut finger and toe nails as despite his promises he does not pick them up.  But if he does Hoover he always says ' this cable is a shambles - can't u put it back properly'.  Yes if I used it once in a blue moon I probably would !!!!!
We are awesome ladies xx

thorntrees

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 07:43:49 AM »

This made me smile groundhog, my DH thinks all cupboard doors, drawers,and even jars and toothpaste tubes are self closing!  Since he retired though to be fair it has eventually dawned on him just how much there is to do to keep a house clean and tidy. He now does most of the hoovering and washes the kitchen floor and has always done gardening and DIY. Despite being a whizz with the computer and all things technical he still hasn't worked out the washing machine or how the toilet seat lowers_ bless him.

Thorntrees

catdude

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 11:48:48 AM »

O h yes, the cupboard thing - he leaves a trail of open doors, drawers, tops off things he's used. That is something I can't understand at all. And the grape stalk thing - he doesn't tend to leave them around the house but picks grapes off the stalk directly from the fruit bowl and eventually leaves the empty talks behind  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 12:16:46 PM »

I have to hold my hands up to being one of the leaving doors and drawers open and tops off things type but as I'm the one who eventually does have to tidy it all up it doesn't seem so bad.

Taz x

babyjane

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »

Our toilet seat won't stay up by itself so that takes care of that problem  :)

On the flip side to this, would we be able to do all the household finance and bills and number crunching and the heavy gardening, furniture moving and programming the Tivo box if our other halves were not here. Some ladies would I know, but I wouldn't know where to start.

honeybun

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 01:41:21 PM »

I have got to ask this BJ.....How does your hubby pee if the seat won't stay up.....quickly I guess  ;D

I do the finances in our house. Always have. The heavy stuff hubby does and I am quite happy with that.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4