Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Funny ache on skin  (Read 1723 times)

jgr

Funny ache on skin
« on: December 26, 2015, 09:16:49 AM »

Morning ladies, hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas.

This is an odd one, i woke up one morning with a funny ache/sensitive area just below my collar bone a few weeks ago and thought i had knocked it without realizing. Now it is intermittent, there never seems to be anything on the skin or looking red in that area so it seems a complete mystery. I am currently experiencing aching legs and joints which come and go and wondered if it could be related even though it is not on a joint.

Louisa

Re: Funny ache on skin
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 09:38:51 AM »

Morning ladies, hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas.

This is an odd one, i woke up one morning with a funny ache/sensitive area just below my collar bone a few weeks ago and thought i had knocked it without realizing. Now it is intermittent, there never seems to be anything on the skin or looking red in that area so it seems a complete mystery. I am currently experiencing aching legs and joints which come and go and wondered if it could be related even though it is not on a joint.

It's probably muscular, you may not have actually done anything to cause this, you could of just been tense in that area without realising it. I have fibromyalgia - aching muscles etc, look it up.

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 11:53:43 AM »

I get sore patches in random spots - they come and go - just put it down to hormones.  Usually happens the same time as achy joints.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 12:06:50 PM »

Definitely look up Fibro jgr. Sore patches on the skin are really common. Sometimes it's as if you've knocked it and should have a bruise and also you can feel as if the skin is burnt and anything touching it such as clothes, bedding etc. causes real pain but there s nothing to see on the outside. Aching muscles are also part of it although not so much joint pain. Quite often the pain is symmetrical. Typical tender points are the wrists, inside of the elbows, top of the shoulders (outside edge sort of) outer edge of hips, inside ankle bones, bony edge of the collar bone by the throat etc.

Taz x

jgr

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 12:45:15 PM »

Thanks for the replies ladies, i will definitely look into fibro. xx