Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Scalp pain  (Read 17575 times)

Jane44

Scalp pain
« on: September 25, 2014, 10:43:31 PM »

Hi ladies does anyone suffer with scalp pain ? I feel like someone has pulled my hair or the feeling you get when you have tied your hair up for days and you suddenly let it lose.
Could this be a menopausal symptom !!!
Looking forward toy your thoughts

donnacrichton

Re: Scalp pain
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 07:24:37 AM »

This was one of my first symptoms I had to keep messaging it. I also got severe tingling through my head. Tring to find right dose of hrt but it has eased a bit until changing doses which seems to make it worse x

minkusmum

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 07:53:38 AM »

Absolutely! Thank you for mentioning this, I've been getting it on and off for years - my only consolation is that it soon will be time to cut my hair back into a bob for winter so I won't get that pulled back feeling so often.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 09:00:57 AM »

Take 2, previous post in cyberspace  ;D

I get this too, though wasn't convinced it was meno related. However, as others have it maybe it is.

Seem to get spells of it, then vanishes. I have really short hair these days too.  I've had it for years no matter what dose of HRT.

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »

thank you thank you for posting Jane44 (great name by the way  ;))

I get this from time to time and had no idea why as I have short hair now and don't pull it back or tie it up. It is just an annoying nerve pain usually on the top of my head where my hair parts and hurts if I press it. Couldn't understand it so just put up with it, usually gone the next day or two.

This is just an example of how nothing is too small or insignificant to post here as this has made my day. I am one of those people who likes an answer for everything  :)

catdude

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 05:33:54 PM »

Yep, had this as well  ;) I don't know whether it is directly meno related or an age thing or what really but I didn't used to have it when I was younger. I wondered if it was to do with the skin on the scalp drying out a bit which could be hormonal.

kazy68

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 06:44:11 PM »

I get this to, I remember when I was younger my mum used to complain about her head feeling tender and used to go and wash her hair, now I get it to and she always pulls me up saying "yes and you used to laugh at me when I said my head was tender" now I do the same as she used to I wash my hair it just seems to ease it a little, I also get hubby to rub my head when I am lying in bed lol love it, it sends me to sleep lol.

Karen
Xxx

Jane44

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 09:32:47 PM »

Phew girls so am not the only one weird !!! It's great to know that somewhere out there were all experiencing such a huge array of symptoms
Thanks again for bothering to reply x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 05:48:20 PM »

It can be due to the hair requiring a wash, certainly if I go without my scalp 'pulls' and feels itchy and sore.  Like the hair is too heavy  :-\ ………… I don't use a hairdryer, preferring to lightly rub with a warmed towel and air dry ………..

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »

I wash mine daily & still get that pain.

Peterspots

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »

Just found this. Maybe it is menopause related.  Who knows. Burning in scalp at the moment & face

Smokey

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 02:11:47 PM »

Me too! But not lately since increased Hrt patch to 75mg .
Eyes still really really sore especially painful when concentrating on things if it's near lunch time or haven't eaten for some time. Also have fuzzy head with tight forehead at the same time!
Thinking of starting a new thread about same to see how common it is.

Ann x (Smokey)

Peterspots

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 11:00:53 AM »

My scalp has been driving me to distraction.  Problem with my patch so had 2 pumps of estrogel today and picking up urogestan tomorrow.  I dont know if my scalp is a contiuation of my tingling face or someother horrible thing