Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Question about stopping evorel sequi pleasr  (Read 3974 times)

karin

Question about stopping evorel sequi pleasr
« on: October 13, 2014, 08:45:04 PM »

You lovely ladies have given me so much good advice. As previously discussed i want to stop hrt for a while because of  sudden hair loss and finding the progesterone makes be feel like a mad woman!
My GP says just stop. I've just started the progesterone patches  again but am awaiting my period, I'm anxious for my period to come because of what I've read about womb build up, but at same time my hair is coming out in spades. If i stop completely does this risk still apply?? Hope this makes sense!! ( anxiety comes  from a relative who had uterine cancer)

Taz2

Re: Question about stopping evorel sequi pleasr
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »

Hi karin. I think it would be wise to take the progesterone so that you do have a bleed and you will then be less anxious about the possibility of uterine cancer.

As to your hair falling out - have you had bloods taken to rule out any other causes? Is your hair falling out all over by the way or in patches?

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 04:53:01 PM »

Hi karin

You don't need to stop HRT - if the oestrogen is helping you feel better. You just need a different type with a different progestogen - less androgenic and fewer side effects. I am sure I have mentioned the different types on other threads recently and how some are more likely to cause hair loss (after first ruling out other causes as Taz suggests)?

They are all on here (at the top the different progestogen types are listed):
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

Then scroll down for all the options.

Hurdity x

karin

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »

Hi thank you, yes my bloods are fine my iron and thyroid etc all normal , i did have shedding 5 years ago and found my iron was low side of normal but I've rectified and maintained that. I did take my patch off last night but now i want to put it back- is that ok to do ?( conti) and wait till my period,
 i think i do want to stop and reevaluate i know i can go back to see my gp and restart 
Thank you so much what do you think??

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »

It's fine to put it back on again. However the fall in progesterone (from removing the patch) could trigger an early bleed - but you will still be better off taking the full course of progesterone just to make sure all the lining is shed - if it's going to, and then go to see your doc.

Hurdity x