Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi - getting desperate!  (Read 1627 times)

Liz

Hi - getting desperate!
« on: September 27, 2014, 10:32:15 AM »

Hello, I did post on here a few times a couple of years ago, but things settled and I didn't try the HRT in the end.  At the time I was suffering from bereavement as my Dad had died so I thought some of my symptoms were due to that.

Fast forward two years to now and I'm struggling and getting desperate.  I'm 47 in April, periods used to be very regular but for the past year or so have been getting more and more closer together and lighter.  However, this period has been only two weeks since the last one and has gone on for 10 days, on and off with some clots.

I'm feeling extremely tearful, keep bursting into tears.  Very hot and sweaty - start sweating as soon as I've got out of the shower.  Deodorant doesn't seem to work very well anymore.

I've noticed my hair is also shedding.  I'm also suffering from a frozen shoulder, which is being treated by a Physio but not really helping.  Also very achy when getting up in the mornings, especially in my hips.

I was prescribed Estradot 50mcg and Utrogestan for days 15-26 and still had a packet of these in my drawer.  In desperation I've stuck a patch on this morning - I have an appontment with the GP the week after next, but I'm afraid I was so desperate this morning, I got a patch out and put it on.

Would appreciate any advice/help from anyone who can relate to this.

Thanks!

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi - getting desperate!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:37:31 AM »

Hi and welcome Liz
It does sound as though you are ready to have a bit of HRT.  I think the regime you were originally given sounds like a good option but it's worth popping to the GP to tell them what you are doing.
I bet you will feel better quite quickly - maybe even in about a week or so.
Do keep us posted with your progress.
DG x

Liz

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 10:43:16 AM »

Thanks for replying, DG.  My GP was all for me giving the HRT a go two years ago and very sympathetic so I'm seeing her the week after next to have another chat.  I know I was a bit naughty using the patch this morning without consulting her, but I thought "well, she prescribed these ones before" so felt desperate. 

I'm feeling so tearful, it's awful. x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 10:47:34 AM »

Don't feel naughty - I think you have done the right thing.  You needed to do this when you felt it was the right time for you.  DG x

Liz

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »

Thank you, DG - it's lovely to speak to someone who understands. x