Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Skin, bladder and sleep issues after taking Elleste Duet Conti for over a year!  (Read 5938 times)

MAISYD

Hello Ladies,
                   Hope someone can throw some light on these problems. I am 55 years old and have been taking Elleste Duet Conti 2mg quite happily for well over a year. However, over the last month I have found it very difficult to get to/ and stay asleep and have noticed that I suddenly seem to have developed a lot of wrinkles under my eyes(not the sort of wrinkles that are due to lack of sleep), dry looking skin. Also needing to pass urine more often both day and night.  All of these problems seem to point to low estrogen. So, I'm wondering if its because my menopause symptoms have progressed/ worsened and Elleste is no longer suitable and if I need to change my HRT?  Also, although I am post-menopausal, perhaps a cyclical  HRT preparation might be better as that would give me more estrogen during first part of the month?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:38:25 AM by Emma »

Witches Cat

Hi MAISYD,  I was on Elleste Duet Conti for just over 2 yrs and I was having the same sort of probs. I was also getting itchy skin on the backs of my shoulders, hip bones, shins... moisturisers helped a bit but didn't stop it, doc just said "use more" but I felt I was using more than I wanted to anyway. As for weeing... hubby used to laugh because what ever time I had a wee when I got up, be it 7am or half 8 maybe, we couldn't go anywhere until I'd had my 10'o'clock wee. But then a short while later I'd need to go again.  With me as well, sleep was a problem, and anxiety was off the scale on an almost permanent basis.  I have just, 
2 1/2 weeks ago been put on Femoston 1 / 5 so the estrogen has been halved and the progestogen upped considerably. I can now hold my wee for several hours, only once had to get up in the night, itchyness gone and the anxiety helped a lot, although with a hosp trip coming up next week I've not got rid of the anx completely. Also the sweats kicked in again after a week worse than they had been, but now that seems to have settled as well, although of course in the Dorset depths it is cooler now weather wise. I should add, I'm 59 in a couple of weeks and post meno.   Hope that helps a bit.    :)

MAISYD

Hi Witches Cat,
                     From what you say, I think I might switch to patch with same progesterone as Elleste or another oral HRT-perhaps Femoston as supposed to be closer to our own progesterone. It's difficult, isn't it as we are all so different? I feel really perplexed with current symptoms as I was absolutely fine on Elleste  up until recently.   :-\

Witches Cat

I was ok when I started on it, but over time things started to change and I asked several times if I could have something else, either stronger (perhaps I was overriding it) or weaker (maybe it was too strong now) and I got told there was nothing stronger and the best I could do was wean myself off it one pill every other day.... I felt so rough after a fortnight I pleaded to be let back on it properly. Things got worse so I tried to come off it again, 3 weeks this time then everything went haywire again, back on it for a month or so then gave it another go..... still no good. By this time my doc had retired and I had a lady doc, with me messing with the pills levels I brought on an overnight bleed, never happened before, and not since (also been heavy heavy pots about in the yard the day before) told the doc and she put me on the Femoston, so much better now apart from the odd blip and the all too familiar aches and pains still, but because of the bleed I have to go for a scan next wednesday.  I am doc-phobic, Hospital phobic, dentist phobic... needle phobic (flu jabs next Sat.) you name it... these days I'm scared of it.... Honestly my grand-daughter's tougher then me now  !   :-\