Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Flushes under control but don't do cold  (Read 2671 times)

Henrietta

Flushes under control but don't do cold
« on: September 13, 2014, 08:01:43 PM »

I've been through the turmoil of frightful hot flushes and night sweats pre TAH BSO but since going on HRT post hyster flushes are not so bothersome. I do find, however that I am always warm, I was roasting all through our hot summer and remember defrosting the car in short sleeves last year thinking back to when I would have been clad in jumper, coat, scarf and gloves.
I've dispensed with my duvet because I haven't used it in 12 months and didn't need much more than a light fleece last year even through the winter and no heating upstairs.
When people tell me it is chilly, cold or freezing I stare at them in disbelief.
Can anyone else identify with this and do you get back to "normal"- maybe after giving up HRT?

babyjane

Re: Flushes under control but don't do cold
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 08:11:57 PM »

Hello Henrietta, I certainly can identify with this but I have never used HRT. Up until the start of this year I had hot flushes that had me stripping off my clothes at a moments notice. They have calmed down a lot since the start of this year but I am also never cold much to my husband's dismay. i won't let him put the fire on and won't allow the bedroom windows to be closed. He is a cold mortal and I haven't the heart to disallow him the duvet but I sleep with my share of it thrown back, usually onto him to keep him happy.
We have had to come to a compromise where the house is colder than he likes and he puts an extra jumper on and it it warmer than I like and I take a layer or two off.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 10:47:40 AM »

Hi Henrietta - have you had your thyroid checked. An imbalance can lead to a constant feeling of being too warm.

Taz x

Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 12:15:40 PM »

Hi Taz
GP did a full blood panel test including thyroid and all came back ok. I know this isn't fool proof but not had any further tests.

libby1

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 12:29:36 PM »

Ah, I'm the opposite  ::)

Always had cold hands and feet but now they feel even colder than they used to  :(

Libby
x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 03:17:17 PM »

One of the upsides of becoming menopausal for me was no more raynauds syndrome where my fingers and toes used to go white and become very painful even in summer. If I take HRT this recurs but off HRT my hands and feet are really warm. Bizarre.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 03:27:12 PM »

I only feel cold if I'm tired.

I like the kitchen door open. Drives every one else up the wall as the house gets cold. I have always preferred a cold bedroom but so does hubby so that works out ok.

Honeyb
x

Kristy

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 10:04:05 AM »

My partner and I have two single duvets on our Queen size bed because even when I am not having hot flushes at night, I hate to have heavy bedding over me. I sleep with a summer weight duvet all year round while he likes his heavy duty down quilt during the winter months. I wonder if we can ever share the same duvet ever again??  :)