Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Apprehensive newbie!  (Read 7516 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Apprehensive newbie!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 04:29:48 PM »

Jmb
I almost want to get cross with you (joking) - weight loss on HRT would be something most women would envy - what a lovely excuse to eat a bit more. Joking apart, you perhaps ought to discuss the weight loss with your GP as this wouldn't normally be associated with menopause or HRT - there could another cause. If you are feeling better you may be doing more so burning more calories and possibly need to eat more. Maybe a chat with a dietician would be good.
The headaches could be anything and it's possibly a coincidence that it was on the same day. I get lots of headaches all the time whether on HRT or not. If these headaches were HRT related you would be getting lots more of them.
As for the 'slight' pelvic feeling - possibly a bit of indigestion - highly unlikely to be linked to ovary. Discuss with GP if it becomes persistent and painful.
How are your flushes etc? Are you sleeping better? If these are improved then you are on to a winner. I advice you to stop worrying and looking for side effects and problems and enjoy getting your life back. DG x

Jmb

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 06:29:41 PM »

I'm getting no hot flushes or sweats and yes sleeping is massively better. Hmm re weight loss, it's only small so nothing to worry about but I did look into if HRT can alter your metabolism. My sister laughed as she struggles with her weight and said she hopes HRT would do the same for her (she's a lot younger!).
The doctor wants to see me after 3 months of starting and said to call her if I had any massive changes which were causing problems and so far there aren't any. I've felt tremendous to be honest so will stop worrying.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 09:33:38 PM »

Good stuff Jmb. It all sounds good.  If sounds to me that you have hit the jackpot first time. Relax and enjoy life.  DG x

Jmb

Re: Apprehensive newbie! Re AST liver enzyme
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 11:59:50 AM »

I've had a test result back today which shows my liver enzyme levels.
Ast level 65 u/L normal range 0-33
ALt level 14 u/L normal range 0-32
Before going on femiston conti my AST was 32 and I'm wondering if this level has gone so high because I'm on hrt. I will ask the doc but do you think she will make me come off it because the level has soared.
Pages: 1 [2]