Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Weaning off Evorel Conti patches?  (Read 4087 times)

whitestrand

Weaning off Evorel Conti patches?
« on: September 22, 2014, 05:13:08 PM »

Hi. I have just been told by the clinic doctor to come off HRT patches (evorel conti) as after examination of my vagina she felt a lump. I had an appointment at the gynae clinic as I was bleeding and have a most annoying vaginal itch. I am booked in for an Ultra sound a D&C and an invistigation with a camera (cant rem what she called it!!). I am just looking for advice on how best to wean myself off the patches.......I am going to China tomorrow for 3 weeks so don't want all the symptons back suddenly. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

littleminnie

Re: Weaning off Evorel Conti patches?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 06:02:40 PM »

I want to try and wean myself off everol Conti too. 3 weeks ago I started cutting the end of the patch off (not much, about an 1/8th).  I'm going to carry on for another week then chop a bit more off.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 06:46:41 PM »

Hi whitestrand. Could the lump be a prolapse?

As for weaning yourself off. Although this is usually recommended over a period of, say three months or so, in this case I would think your consultant wants you to stop immediately.

If it helps I have tried both ways and ended up feeling the same whether I took six months to taper off or just went cold turkey.

Can't you phone the consultant's secretary for advice on which way they want you to come off?

Taz x

whitestrand

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 09:02:33 PM »

Hi. The Doctor said i could wean myself off but didn't give me any details. I have no date for my ulrascan etc so Im not sure how long i have to wean myself!!! Never easy ::)