Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Lichen Sclerosus revisited..........  (Read 2943 times)

Melbury

Lichen Sclerosus revisited..........
« on: September 06, 2014, 05:50:32 PM »

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing okay.

Just wondered how all of you fellow Lichen Sclerosus sufferers are doing.

I thought I had just about beaten it, but  lately noticed it is very pale and shiny down there and lots of splitting.  So I have started using the steroid cream again for a while.

Have been reading a lot about it again today and there seems to have been a change of opinion in the treatment.  Now it seems it is not harmful to keep using the cream a couple of times a week ongoing - I have hardly used any for the past couple of years because I was told only to do so if symptoms recurred >:(

Apparently they now think that it is better to keep using the cream quite regularly as it can actually prevent the skin from thinning and splitting.

This is from patient.co.uk site, quote:

"After the initial regular treatment for about three months, you may then only need to use the ointment or cream once or twice every 1-2 weeks to keep symptoms away."

So I have probably done more damage through doing as I was instructed.

honeybun

Re: Lichen Sclerosus revisited..........
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 06:40:22 PM »

I really can't comment on LS but I can say that I have used steroid creams for 40  years and done untold damage.
I have dermatitis and have done since childhood. I have used masses of steroids to try to help. My skin is now thin and fragile and splits so easily.
Use as sparingly as you can because there are really bad side effects after long term use.
I only need to catch my hand on something and the skin peels off to raw flesh. You really don't want that on your nether regions.

Honeyb
X

Suzi Q

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 01:53:09 AM »

Go Back to gP Im using steriod under my boobs
Im 5/3 9stone but have 34 gg boobs and never had breast tissue that lifted
Had saggie boobs at 18 I was told due to the heat and heaviness I have fungus and boy does it stink YUK
It has helped but I too was told 2 weeks with in 3 days of stop using it
ITS back hot sweaty smelly so Im off back to GP please go they dont say things if they dont mean it xxxxxx

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 01:54:47 AM »

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing okay.

Just wondered how all of you fellow Lichen Sclerosus sufferers are doing.

I thought I had just about beaten it, but  lately noticed it is very pale and shiny down there and lots of splitting.  So I have started using the steroid cream again for a while.

Have been reading a lot about it again today and there seems to have been a change of opinion in the treatment.  Now it seems it is not harmful to keep using the cream a couple of times a week ongoing - I have hardly used any for the past couple of years because I was told only to do so if symptoms recurred >:(

Apparently they now think that it is better to keep using the cream quite regularly as it can actually prevent the skin from thinning and splitting.

This is from patient.co.uk site, quote:

"After the initial regular treatment for about three months, you may then only need to use the ointment or cream once or twice every 1-2 weeks to keep symptoms away."

So I have probably done more damage through doing as I was instructed.

I forgot I have advanced ATrophy hardly any inner labias left now theyve disolved in to the skin so Im open
Down there if u get my drift and the hoods almost rfetraceted and I was a candiadate for a Labiaplasty before

Melbury

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »

Hi Suzi Q, so nice to see that you are still posting on here.  I haven't been on the site for quite some time, but it is great to see  familiar names.  Is all well in Oz?

I haven't been too bad for the past year or so, but have had another flare up, so back to the constant stinging :(

Never did get the sex life back - always pretty painful - so a very rare occurrence  :'(

Are you still on the Vagifem?  Mine got stopped as soon as I was put on Oestrogel, but I think I need something down there!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:32:02 PM by Melbury »

juliamd

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »

Hi Melbury.
I have LS on my body as well as 'downstairs' I regularly use the steroid creams, 1-2 times weekly it keeps it well under control, not had a flare up for a number of years and no apprent side effects either.
Just wish the patches on my body would go away  :-\

Melbury

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »

Hi Melbury.
I have LS on my body as well as 'downstairs' I regularly use the steroid creams, 1-2 times weekly it keeps it well under control, not had a flare up for a number of years and no apprent side effects either.
Just wish the patches on my body would go away  :-\

Thanks for the information poppins. 

I wish I had know that it was OK to keep using the cream; I was told only use it if there is a major flare up and then only for a few days at a time. 

I have been on it for a week now and think I will keep using it for another week or so and then, like you, cut back to 1-2 times.