Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: What has HRT Done for You?  (Read 3065 times)

Stellajane

What has HRT Done for You?
« on: September 19, 2014, 07:07:41 AM »

OK so we all know it combats hot flushes, sweating, and can help to ease anxiety, vaginal and bladder problems, but what else have you noticed?

For me a big thing has been better gum health (no more bleeding on brushing) and no more knee pain and sensations of knee giving way.

I was thinking back today and both these problems were already starting during perimenopause in my 40s.  HRT appears to have resolved them as 15 years on they aren't present.  Pretty impressive - and scary to think where I might have been by now without it.

Morwenna

Re: What has HRT Done for You?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:08:12 AM »

I had started to thicken round the middle and my bottom went 'flat'. HRT restored my waistline and my curves. Lots of the 'usual' menopause symptoms were stopped in their tracks. However, two years in I developed rosacea which I have now had for nearly two years - I would like to know whether this has been aggravated by HRT but am not prepared to come off it and risk a whole host of other problems! Of course it's hard to say whether things like this would have developed regardless of HRT?

Milamam

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 12:34:08 PM »

Ive had rosacea since I guess my mid thirties. Did not take any measures then and it got really bad when i turned 40. I now realise that perimenopause might have had an influence on that, although I have really sensitive skin and fair complexion. After trial and error, I am now settled on Synchroline Rosacure intensive gel and Synchroline Rosacure face wash. I don't put any other products on my face any more. I apply the gel morning and night . very rarely use make up as it can aggravate things. Just a brush of lipstick and that's all. I think HRT improved my skin condition a lot.

Milamam

Milamam

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 01:15:48 PM »

No i was prescribed metronidazol preparaton creme but did nothinng for me. Yes, finding the right product is key.

Morwenna

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:42:03 AM »

Thank you for the recommendations ladies. At present I use Simple Hydrating moisturiser during the day and Baby Oil to clean off make up (which I feel I have to wear at work in order to avoid scaring people  ;D). I don't have the flushing, burning type of rosacea, rather lots of small red spots on my nose and over my cheeks. OH teases me and says I'm regressing to my teenage years but joking aside the condition has made me feel miserable at times. Neither Metronidazole nor Tetracycline suited me for one reason or another. I've also tried aloe vera gel and sulphur cream to no avail. I'm hoping it will burn itself out eventually but at the moment I would say it's getting worse  :(